From Rags to Riches through Real Estate Book - Posted by Andrew

Posted by EllisF on March 26, 2001 at 08:03:31:

Keep in mind that the book you refer to from Russ Whitney is a 12.00 bookstore book. The Carelton information you refer to is a whole home study course for 189.00.

I’m not aware of any book Carleton has that is comparable.

If you compare the Russ Whitney home study course,I think you will find that ‘both’ have very valuable info,coming at real estate from 2 different angles.

We recommend both.

EllisF

Russ Whitney RE Cons.

From Rags to Riches through Real Estate Book - Posted by Andrew

Posted by Andrew on March 24, 2001 at 17:29:29:

I am brand new at REI but have religiously read this board over and over. Before I go any further:

I DO NOT WORK FOR OR ASSOCIATE WITH RUSS WHITNEY IN ANY WAY!

Just wanted to say that so I don’t get a bunch of slams.

This book (in my opinion) lays down real estate investing in very easy to read and understand terms with good examples. He tells of personal experiences in great detail (even if people think he is a fraud) with the figures right there in front of me! Russ also explained very well how to go about getting different financing and locating good investment properties. I am calling him about his Bird Dog program first thing on Monday!

That is my 2-cents worth about his book. I have not tried
his programs and do not intend to. The book gave me the basis to get started and do what I want to do.

Andrew

PS This is an awesome website!!

Re: From Rags to Riches through Real Estate Book - Posted by Dell McNees

Posted by Dell McNees on March 26, 2001 at 01:39:16:

Hey Andrew, I also have a copy of Russ’s book I think he does have some good info, but I think that Carlton has alot more!You should give it a try!