FSBO AD - Posted by charley

Posted by The Donald on June 23, 2000 at 21:12:41:

Sounds like Raymond Aaron is shining through here :slight_smile:

FSBO AD - Posted by charley

Posted by charley on June 20, 2000 at 12:32:41:

I have a SF home i want to put on the market for about $106k and have an idea about the wording of the ad i’m going to put in the paper. I don’t want to owner finance. what wording has worked for you all? any catch phrases to get their attention? thanks

charley

Re: FSBO AD - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on June 21, 2000 at 16:38:28:

Why don’t you want to owner finance? You will typically get much greater response.

Depending on your situation you could create financing and sell it if you need cash. Or you could wrap any underlying mortgages so you won’t have to pay them off now. You get a down payment and a monthly cash flow. Either case should work if you get a large enough down payment from the buyer to feel comfortable.

These are more sophisticated techniques but nothing creates more interest in an ad than NO BANKS REQUIRED.

Sell the sizzle not the steak - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on June 20, 2000 at 19:38:17:

Old ad man’s motto LOL. It means sell the advantages of your property. Do not just have a list of details. Paint a picture so the reader really wants to live in your property. If you have a flat lawn say ‘golf course lawn’. If you have a hilly one say ‘rolling lawn’.If the lawn is a mess talk about something else LOL. Do not be afraid to make a real nice descriptive ad. So what if it costs a few bucks more, it’s nothing compared to what you can get for your property.

This works every time! - Posted by Todd Walsh

Posted by Todd Walsh on June 20, 2000 at 18:28:11:

I use the words:

FOR SALE.

Hope this helps!

Todd

Well, then… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 20, 2000 at 13:42:38:

Since you want all cash, my offer is $70k - close in 3 hours. (pending appraisal, of course!)

:wink:

RL