FSBO sign - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by njdave on May 25, 2000 at 09:57:47:

I would think that the Sellers would be very happy that you are working with them to market the house, and relieve them of the responsibility of answering inquiries, showings, and the contractual stuff.

FSBO sign - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on May 25, 2000 at 09:28:11:

Hi All!

Well I got another contract signed with a fsbo and hopefully this one will be a success. However, I was wondering about the For Sale Sign on the property. Should I have the owners to remove the sign with their phone# and replace it with mine since I do have it under contract and I want people to contact me instead of them. The owners are well aware of the nature of my business, they just want the house sold.

Thanks!
Shenesa

Re: FSBO sign - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on May 26, 2000 at 24:16:05:

Shenesa,
At this point, it’s best to ask the sellers if they would mind you putting up your sign.

Next time though, the better way to handle it, is to put a clause in the purchase agmt. that says that the sellers will give you permission to put up your sign.

If they wont give you permission, then just run your ads & send out flyers, etc. if need be.

Vic

Re: what type deal? - Posted by Ron-Va

Posted by Ron-Va on May 25, 2000 at 11:21:59:

Just curious, are you doing a lease option with this deal or something else??
Thanks

Re: FSBO sign - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on May 25, 2000 at 10:25:03:

Shenesa,
In the situation that you mention I always have my sign with me, when talking with the seller. I mention that often during the conversation, along with statements like “I will do it all” or “no more irritating phone calls for you”. Then when I leave I take thier sign down and put my sign up, usually without any comment whatsoever…ED