FSBO Vs. Agent Assistance - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on December 07, 2000 at 23:32:05:

Personally, I use both realtors and agents.

The original post was intended to answer another person’s question on using realtors.

The bottom line is, there is no right or wrong. Use both of them. Just try not to explain too much to
FSBOs… a confused mind says NO.

Houserookie

FSBO Vs. Agent Assistance - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on December 07, 2000 at 18:04:26:

Seems like even the experts on this board disagree on the best methods to acquire properties.

For one, some believe FSBOs are the way to go. Others like,
Mr. Cook, believe making offers through agents is the only way.

My experience has been that FSBOs are the most difficult and time consuming. If you think explaining to agents is hard, try doing step by step with a FSBO on doing an option and then flip the contract to investor, subject to
you or the seller finding a buyer. : )

Secondly, most for sale by owners want just as much if not more than through agents. DO YOU THINK FSBOS WANT LESS SIMPLY BECAUSE an agent is not involved? FSBOs sell on their own not to save the buyer money but because they want to take more from the closing table.

A good freind of mine in Texas used to call every FSBO on the market. After 13 months he learns to stay away from them. Today he does 6-10 deals a month, average profit $14,000 each.

He does admit though that he deals with FSBO every now and then. But does so WITHOUT explaing anything to them. He just signs a purchase a agreemnt subject to…

Houserookie

Re: FSBO Vs. Agent Assistance - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 07, 2000 at 23:13:07:

Not sure what you’ve been reading, but I don’t think any of the actual experts here have said “never” to this subject. It depends on the deal and mainly ones MARKET. Steve, if you check with him, is in a market that has tons of foreclosures and they are listed with RE agents that’s one reason he’s learned to work with them because that is his MARKET, at least for now.

You seem fairly astute in some fo your posts, surprised you would come to the conclusion you have posted here.

And by the way, the most important thing that the experts here stress, is that you work with a MOTIVATED seller. That doesn’t eliminate or include all of any group, I don’t think.