fsbo websites WHO'S ON FIRST? - Posted by Cal

Posted by chris on March 12, 2000 at 13:21:46:

This site is highly rated in Money Magazine and Yahoo Internet Life magazine. You can also go over to www.gomez.com which rates sites.

My guess for there not being a clear-cut powerhouse is that many people who do FSBO just end up advertising in a LOCAL for sale by owner magazine which may or may not have a web site. Another theory is that most FSBOs are done by sellers who do not really have a clear-cut game plan on how to unload their property. They have savings so ingrained in their mind with avoiding a commission that they probably think a web sale would take too much of their profits. I am referring to a non-investor who sells their personal residence after living there many years.

DISCLAIMER-Just guesses on my part and not meant to offend any FSBOs out there.

-Chris

fsbo websites WHO’S ON FIRST? - Posted by Cal

Posted by Cal on March 12, 2000 at 11:25:27:

If you mention books for sale on the internet, Amazon comes up and perhaps Barnes and Nobel. Mention auctions and it is eBay. But among fsbo sites there is no leader that I can discern. It seems to me that it would be in everyone’s interest who is on this site to support a leader in the fsbo field. Does anyone have a Micky Donald model for fsbo sales?