fuel for your fire - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by ScottS(NC) on September 16, 2003 at 12:36:16:

Steve,

I am currently reviewing my finances and estimate roughly 2-3 more deals(rentals) and my job will no longer be needed. Just thought you might want to go jobless quicker:) Take Care ScottS(NC)

fuel for your fire - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on September 14, 2003 at 13:00:59:

Just want to share a little bitty success story.

A few weeks ago, an out-of-my-area, 55+ park manager called me on a referral from the park’s attorney. I have spoken with, and clarified to this attorney what it is that we do for over a year now - she is awed at the service we provide to a park, so she’s a great network contact!

This park bought a couple of homes, moved them in, remodeled them, and offered them on a good 5 year payment plan.

Never sold them.

So they called me. Owner was willing to take a loss to get the rent flowing again. If I sold them, and would carry the contract(s), he would sell them to me for a low, four figure Lonnie-ranged-price each. Negotiated price, and a minimum of four months free rent time - after that, “we’ll see” he says. Got it all on paper, and this is truly built-in to sell before I buy.

Advertised 0%, deep discount for cash, 2 bed home for 9K yada yada yada

Sold first this weekend - cash. My cost? About $100 in ads, 3 hours of time, and $200 to the PM for doing all of the showings, handling the keys, etc. I did the negotiating, wrote contracts, and signed checks.

Overall profit is approx. 1,400%. Owner says “Thanks! Keep it up!”

OK.

And when I showed up to get the released title, and the PM and her husband got their “tip”, leads started tumbling from their lips. AND they tell me the second home is essentially sold - just need the app back, and they want it financed.

I like what I do.

DISCLAIMER: I do not advocate that 55+ parks are, or are not, easy to pull money from - this deal was made through improved networking and negotiating skills. Oh, yeah - - - and just like they all tell me:

It doesn’t work where I live.

Thanks again Lonnie, et al. Big Macs and beers are on me.

PS - closer to my goal of ME not working where I live!

Nice deal Steve, Now buy some rental lots :wink: (NT) - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on September 16, 2003 at 07:37:03:

$

Re: fuel for your fire - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on September 16, 2003 at 07:18:35:

very inspiring- I guess it just keeps getting better!

nice job,
Anne

Cool! nt - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 15, 2003 at 20:14:59:

h

Way to go Steve. - Posted by Ben_WA

Posted by Ben_WA on September 15, 2003 at 11:50:03:

Nice to see that things are going goog for you Steve. Still in the process of getting my first deal. The process is a bit slower than I expected but I am goign to be persistent because I want to get rid of my job. Well expect to get some questions from me real soon.

Take Care, Ben_WA

Re: fuel for your fire - Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ

Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ on September 14, 2003 at 14:06:04:

I rest my case.

rub it in, Scott! - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on September 16, 2003 at 10:37:47:

I’m working on it! I’m working on it!

I’m here for you, bay-beeee! nt - Posted by Bring it on!

Posted by Bring it on! on September 15, 2003 at 12:58:57:

:wink: (nt) - Posted by :slight_smile:

Posted by :slight_smile: on September 14, 2003 at 16:02:31:

:wink: