funny thing happened yesterday - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 03, 2000 at 21:12:38:

but he has slow speech, as you would expect from a banker ! hehehe

Laure :slight_smile:

funny thing happened yesterday - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 03, 2000 at 08:06:04:

Last month, I was calling Landlords and offering them to list their rentals on my site for free, thinking I’d find some tired Landlords wanting to sell. Absolutely NO RESPONSE! Until yesterday. I get a call from a bank, and I don’t recognize the name,it is from the President, no less, so I figure I’ll make the call. Apparently I contacted this guy from an ad in the paper when he had a vacancy, and he wants to be on my site. ALSO… HE WANTS MY BUSINESS ! He currently owns 50 sfr’s and is building some new ones, and wants to loan money to other investors, would I come in and discuss my financing needs?

Who says cold calling doesn’t pay off?? hehehe.

Re: Play hard to get with banks! - Posted by Millie I.

Posted by Millie I. on May 04, 2000 at 24:46:57:

Just make sure you don’t go to see him as if you need his money. The best way to win is to make him think you are doing him a favor in giving him some business. If you don’t understand what I mean, ask Terry. I explained that technique at St Louis to a few people. If you have good credit, they all want your business, You play hard to get, you’ll have them eating out of your hands.

Doesn’t hurt to find out what kind of discount you can get if you bought half dozen SFR from him, or the whole 50 at 50 cents on the dollar. I bet he bought them as REOs from his bank, and is trying to flip them for nifty profit. Cut into his action, and get a piece of the fortune.

Good Luck,
Millie I.

BTW - Which Laure are you? I met 3 at St Louis.

Re: funny thing happened yesterday - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on May 03, 2000 at 20:18:50:

Perhaps…he has 50 SFRS with no negative, no vacancies, no maintenance, no repair costs, no upkeep expense, no property tax or insurance payments (like I do). ?Sure beats multiple and full commercial properties where the management and maintenance eats you alive. And, in addition, where value-appreciation is dependent upon a rent multiplier rather than overall economic trends.

'Sounds like a smart banker to me…unless he’s trying to just rent those puppies out (doubt that…he?d a been in the poorhouse years ago).

Bill Gatten

Whats wrong with him ??? - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on May 03, 2000 at 15:44:29:

A President of a bank and he owns 50 SFRs.
Quick - Get him to a doctor and find out whats wrong with him !!!

Re: Play hard to get with banks! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 04, 2000 at 08:02:16:

Hey ! I’m probably the last Laure you met. We talked for just a few minutes on Sunday. I wear a blazer most of the time with jeans and tennis shoes. Almost always ! hehehe I catch grief for it too. But you can carry a lot of stuff in those extra pockets and leave the purse in the car. LOL I think I had a blue jean shirt on Sunday.

Anyway, I am from Illinois.

Re: funny thing happened yesterday - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 03, 2000 at 21:30:49:

You sound very negative about just being a Landlord. It’s not all that bad. I have done pretty darned well and am not in the poor house. No offense taken. I’ll take lessons on making more money :slight_smile:

Re: funny thing happened yesterday - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 03, 2000 at 21:10:42:

I think he does just rent them. I started telling him about L/O, the option money, Bronchick’s contracts (Bill, I think I sold him on your course) and he is interested in meeting with me. I said, maybe we can scratch each other’s backs. We’ll see.