Gaining access to auction property - Posted by Nash

Posted by David Krulac on February 19, 2006 at 22:28:53:

depend on your local and state laws, but you have the deed, I’d be calling for the locksmith as of Feb 15, if it were me. I hope you’re not unpleasantly surprised by the interior. Been ther, done that, could write the book.

Gaining access to auction property - Posted by Nash

Posted by Nash on February 19, 2006 at 15:55:35:

My fiancee and I bought a condominium from a St. Louis,MO Sheriff’s auction on Jan. 30, 2006. We have since received the Deed to the property on 02/15/06. Are any additional legal maneuvers needed to gain access to our property? The condo association has tried to get in contact with previous owner for months without success. We are not sure if she still lives or has personal effects in the property. Are we entitled to gain access to the property as the legal new owners, or are we required to formally evict the previous owner? If no one is present, that is, if we show up and no one is there, do we just change the locks and move in or do we still have to file a formal eviction? If no one is at the property and we don’t have to file an eviction, but there are personal effects still there, what do we have to do with them legally, if anything? Finally, if we have to file an eviction, where and how do we go about doing this. Thank you for any help you might be able to give us in resolving this matter.