Garnishment. Yea or Nay? - Posted by Glynn-VA

Posted by Finley-AR on June 01, 2000 at 21:03:47:

In Arkansas, the procedure for securing garnishment is quite simple, as long as you know where the person works.

After you secure a judgment, the next step will be to file a garnishment order with your local court officials.

The order then goes to the employer who sends your payment each time the person is paid.

I manage a funeral home and regretfully I have had to garnish wages on ‘defaulted’ accounts (can’t reposses a casket).

Disclaimer: The foregoing is not intended to be given as legal, financial or tax advice, but intended for instructional use only. If you require legal, financial or tax advice you should seek the assistance of a qualified professional.

Garnishment. Yea or Nay? - Posted by Glynn-VA

Posted by Glynn-VA on June 01, 2000 at 14:21:31:

Just a quick question you may be able to help with.
In my area there is a very high population of military personnel. I have some idea on how to go about garnishment through the military pay system, since I am myself retired from the Navy. However, I am still trying to determine the procedures required to effect garnishment from civilian wages. Do you have any guidance or experience on garnishing to collect on leins/Judgements etc. Any response will be appreciated, especially if you are doing this in accordance with Virginia and/or Federal Statutes.