Generating Coupon Books - Posted by Brian Gagliardi

Posted by Brian Gagliardi on April 12, 1999 at 12:28:15:

Thanks for the tip. What has been happening is that I’ll generate 3 or 4. Then a few days latter, 1, then a week latter 2, then maybe none for 2 weeks, etc. If I save them up, some get out later than the first payment, so the payment doesn’t come on time.

Your tip about the quick printer helps, though. I could have the forms pre-perforated, with perhaps a background imprint. Then I could just run them through the laser to add the financial information. I just have to worry about padding now.

By the way, I’ve noticed that once I started putting an “On Time” and “Late” field on the coupons, my payments have started arriving on the due date, and when they have been late, the customers usually automatically include the late fee.

Generating Coupon Books - Posted by Brian Gagliardi

Posted by Brian Gagliardi on April 12, 1999 at 11:56:02:

I have been sending out coupon books to my customers which are generated using Excel and a laser printer, then cut with a paper cutter, and mailed loose. The use of coupons has increased on-time payments and allowed me to track incomming payments much more easily.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately) I sometimes can’t keep up with the volume, and would also like to make them a little more professional.

Is anyone aware of a source for pre-perforated blank laser paper in a 3 up or 4 up format? I haven’t had much luck on-line or at Office Depot. I’m also looking for technique to bind the booklets together. If anyone has used companies to generate booklets, I would consider subcontracting this task out if the turn around and cost are reasonable.

Re: Generating Coupon Books - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on April 12, 1999 at 12:24:48:

There are perforating wheels for wheel type paper cutters at the local office supply store. I took one and put it in the tool to put in the spline on window screens. Crude but effective. I leave some of the paper and just staple them together. To print out on each property three pages , cut, perforate, staple and mail once a year doesn’t take a lot of time.

Re: Generating Coupon Books - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on April 12, 1999 at 12:03:36:

Brian,
This may seem too obvious to say, as I am certain you have considered it, but I use my local quick print places to do tasks similar to what you need. They are really cheap for small run printing, cutting, perforating, padding, etc. Certainly cheaper than desktop software and printing equipment in small runs.
Good luck,
Michael Murray

Re: Coupon Books - Posted by Brian Gagliardi

Posted by Brian Gagliardi on April 12, 1999 at 12:35:09:

This seems like a better idea than Dirk’s use of a sewing machine! (Sorry, Dirk, I just can’s see Citibank doing this. Although it did work well on response cards.)