Getting buyer's/renter's credit report - Posted by JR

Posted by JR on October 17, 2002 at 13:10:51:

Thanks for the reply. I’m also located in Indianapolis if you’d maybe like to meet for lunch sometime and talk shop. I’m fairly new to this, though.
Yes, I guess you could say that I’m trying to flip a house to a tenant of mine. They would like to own a house and I know what they can afford to pay, so I’m trying to figure out a way to help them and also help myself at the same time. I’m not looking to drive up a price, or anything…just to find a house that’s undervalued and clean it up and sell it to them under market, but still at a profit. Let me know if you have any ideas, lenders, or unseasoned note buyers that might help. Thanks again and good luck.

JR

Getting buyer’s/renter’s credit report - Posted by JR

Posted by JR on October 16, 2002 at 17:23:49:

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where I can actually get/pull someone’s credit report? I have a lady that wants to buy a house from me, but I need to know her fico so I can structure it to go smoothly. Please let me know if you know of sources where I can get these. I don’t want to call a tenant investigation place that will just tell me ‘they look okay.’ Thanks.

JR

Re: Getting buyer’s/renter’s credit report - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on October 16, 2002 at 23:42:27:

You can try mrlandlord.com. You will need a rental application and information about yourself as well. It may take a couple days to set up.
Happy House Hunting.

Re: Getting buyer’s/renter’s credit report - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on October 16, 2002 at 23:39:35:

I’ve got a mortgage guy who will do it for me. It’s about $20 for a report that combines all three major credit reporting agencies.

Now, what stuck out at me from your post was, “but I need to know her fico so I can structure it to go smoothly”

What is it you are trying to do? L/O? Flip?