Getting houses appraised - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Mark on November 19, 2000 at 21:17:38:

Base your offer on “Recent” comparable sales in that area, deduct for any repairs and make the offer!

What’s an appraiser? I think they’re like Realtors®!

Fahgetaboutit

Mark

Getting houses appraised - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on November 19, 2000 at 21:12:00:

When a seller tries to sell a house, do they usually get it appraised first?

I am just wondering how everyone gets the appraised value of a house when they are selling it. Do they just appraise the house themselves? Or do they get an actual appraiser to do it?

And should I get an appraiser before I make an offer or just do the appraisal myself?

Thanks!!!

Re: Getting houses appraised - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on November 20, 2000 at 24:50:59:

Read the article entitled “How To Determine Market Value” by J.P. Vaughan. You can find it at

http://www.creonline.com/art-132.html

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Getting houses appraised - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on November 19, 2000 at 22:18:38:

Jim, An appraisal normally only takes place if the buyer, or owner, is getting some type of a loan on the property or if someone is requiring a professional opinion of value. Appraisers are hired and approved by the lender and paid for by the borrower. If some tells you that they have an appraised value and you are depending on that appraisal for making an offer, ask to see it, don’t take anyones word for value. Appraisal are just one persons educated guess at what a property is worth. There are guidelines to make that guess but with different comps you can get different values. Always check comps your self.