Getting repair estimates for flips - Posted by doone

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 06, 2000 at 21:26:29:

Sorry about being vague about analyizing? I assumed that you new about making fast offers and such. If you get a chance review some material in regard of certian formulas for quick flips for rehabbers or note type transcations using owner finance. There are several people that are more qualified than I am to give you advice about those. I am a builder and own a Mortgage Company. I do go to the bank and jump through hoops to get funds to BUY and BUILD HOMES on speculation. If you need any other help please give me a call or email.

Jonathan Rexford
Rexford Incorporated
P. O. Box 650099
Vero Beach, Florida 32965
Office (561) 569-4087
Fax (561) 569-0279
Cell (561) 532-0029
Pager (561)458-5658

Getting repair estimates for flips - Posted by doone

Posted by doone on April 06, 2000 at 17:20:47:

Hi,

I see all the time how contractors advertise that they give free estimates. When flipping, is it okay to call these people and ask for a free estimate? Guilt has kept me from doing this, since I will not actually be buying the house. But on the other hand, if I find that there’s profit to be made in the property, I’ll be giving these estimates to the person I sell to. What do you do?

Doone

Re: Getting repair estimates for flips - Posted by Cassie

Posted by Cassie on April 07, 2000 at 08:45:21:

I’m not an expert but I have gone to Home Depot and gotten their PROBOOK. Just ask any cashier for it and the good thing is it is FREE. It tells you the price for everything they sell. So if you have an idea of the repairs that are needed you can look up the supplies you will need in the book and get a better estimate of the cost.
Help this helps.

Re: Getting repair estimates for flips - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 06, 2000 at 18:02:58:

Get to know your local Contractors. Find the ones that do rehabs and sell. If you are trying to flip you need to know how to quick figure the home before you start making offers. I do free estimates but I want to get the job, If you start calling contractors and ticking them off by getting estimates your are going to have a hard time doing the next deal. Call a local contractor and get the basics

flooring, HVAC, Roof, Sheet rock, and so forth.

Go to Home depot and check out prices of fixtures.

When you make offers you do not need to spend your time analyizing ( Can’t Spell)…lol

Re: Getting repair estimates for flips - Posted by Doone

Posted by Doone on April 06, 2000 at 19:20:37:

I knew I should follow my gut. Free estimates=out.

I did order a course and it has a list of things I should get prices on. Went to Home Depot and low & behold, most of the items were in their flyer. That was a quick trip.

What did you mean by: When you make offers you do not need to spend your time analyizing?

Doone