Getting started in FL - Posted by Brian

Posted by Ernest Tew on February 19, 2001 at 19:01:06:

Bryan: Attending the Creative Real Estate Convention in Atlanta (March 30 - April 2) would be a great way to get started.

In the meantime, please give me a call at (352) 475-1280 and I will be happy to discuss a few ideas with you and some of the things you need to avoid.

Don: Thanks for recommending my book. In addition to including all the needed forms on computer disk, it has numerous examples of how we have bought, sold, leased, and optioned mobile homes and parks.

We are currently in the process of selling a large park in another state. By designing a plan that would result in the future gain being tax-free, the buyer found it much more attractive and agreed to our full asking price.

Getting started in FL - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on February 17, 2001 at 22:13:45:

Hi,

I just read Lonnie’s book and live in Orlando. I am interested in finding a mentor in FL that might be willing to assist me with a few “beginner” questions, or ideally someone that is familar with the Orlando market.

I am interested in buying with a lease/purchase and then immediately selling with a lease/purchase so I have minimal cash tied up. Lonnie mentions this in his book, but does not discuss it in detail. I realize this can get complicated if not done correctly.

Would appreciate the help from anyone willing to offer guidance.

Re: Getting started in FL - Posted by Don (Fl)

Posted by Don (Fl) on February 19, 2001 at 10:02:45:

Ernest Tew’s book “Getting Rich Helping Others” is excellent, especially if your in Florida. Florida and the IRS have some very inhibitive laws concerning mobile home dealings and Ernest has the ways to get around them legally. I received his book this past saturday and read it already. It also comes with a disk with all the forms you need.

Good Luck,

Don