getting started.... - Posted by PAmike

Posted by Bart on July 03, 2002 at 07:57:21:

Hello Mike,
I am a newbie too. I strongly suggest that you check out rementors.com. It’s a great site and the host keeps a journal about his REI life. He tells all the details you will want to know about everyday life in REI, he doesn’t hold anything back or sugar coat anything. It’s not just me but everyone who goes there likes to read Jim’s stories.
Until later,
Bart
BJarod21@aol.com

getting started… - Posted by PAmike

Posted by PAmike on July 03, 2002 at 07:09:35:

i have wanted to get into r.e.i. for 8 years, but, being an accountant, i analyze things to death. i am confident that once i did my first deal, the ball (mentally) for me would start rolling and i’d be successful because i am a “work horse” and am motivated to the nth degree. does anyone out there have a start to finish story of a deal they did, including the nit-picky details of things they found along the way? i’m primarily interested in wholesale/retail flipping and may in the future, pick up some rentals. i just need some help “getting in the water”. thanks.

mike

1/2 price - Posted by Donald

Posted by Donald on July 04, 2002 at 05:31:22:

mike

Set a goal. (here’s one)

Find a motivated seller who will let you buy his property at 50% below current appraisal value.

Buy the house and re-sell it.

my 2 cents

Donald