getting started with self directed IRA - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 29, 2002 at 14:32:02:

Thanks Doc,

I just ordered Jack Miller’s booklet and look forward to getting it. Im gonna check these sites out right now. Thanks again for taking the time to repspond not once but twice!

Thanks, Mike

getting started with self directed IRA - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 28, 2002 at 17:21:44:

Hello,

I have been reading this site for a couple months, bought lonnies books( read cover to cover several times) and have a few questions about self directed IRA etc. I like the idea of mobile homes and the profits I have seen some of the new people make here. My question is i have looked at Entrust and Mid Ohio websites and received info from Mid Ohio. How do you handle evections and repos with a Self Directed IRA? Also if you were recieve a cheap MH and have to put money into it to resell would your IRA cover this or would u have to fix it with your own money(if this is legal?)? What if the home was freebie? I went thru the archives and Entrust website and their real estate slide show but dont really have the answers im looking for yet. I just want to invest with a tool that i know how to use properly before starting. Also i have a small Roth IRA with about $3000 in it and would like to roll it over to a Self Directed IRA. Would this be adequate for starting, seeing how you can only put so much in a year im just leary about running out of money and having to repo it or evict. If anyone could point me in the direction of where to find out things like step by step etc I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Re: getting started with self directed IRA - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on June 28, 2002 at 19:51:21:

There is a booklet by Jack Miller that I think would answer your questions. It is called:

“Roth IRAs and Other Tricky Stuff” $19.95 from

If this is not the correct web addresss look down the board because it was repeated during this past week.

Regards, doc

Two excellent, free, IRA articles available… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on June 29, 2002 at 12:03:54:

…at the following sites:

www.ernesttew.com/Roth IRAExplained.htm

www.johnshaub.com

You’ll have to look around a little but it won’t be hard to find. Also John has a SUPER, free article on trusts. Don’t miss this one. John changes his articles frequently. Better get these two pearls quick. They may disappear on July 1st.

Regards, doc

Correction to John Schaub website - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on July 02, 2002 at 11:19:04:

The url above, www.johnshaub.com, should read www.johnschaub.com (yes, I know Doc, spelling is not your strong suit). That is then redirected to http://www.makingitbig.org/.