getting thru another day... - Posted by SusanL.--FL

Posted by Laure on March 21, 2000 at 20:45:55:

It’s not the “death” of the old… It’s a whole new begining. Things change, and they need to change. I don’t look at my losses as a closed chapter, just another new one opening up. Just another baby step.

Laure :wink:

getting thru another day… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 21, 2000 at 13:22:12:

Last night I glanced over at Kenny?and he looked tired BEYOND his years! (Really choked me up.) He never complains (about our $situation$) but I know it has taken its toll.

Some days I wonder if I made the right decision (not going BK after the bottom dropped out of our real estate venture). Morally, I know I did the right thing by hanging in there. But when I see the shape it has put him in, it makes me wonder?. :frowning:

I am just so, so sorry this happened to him?. Unfortunately, these are some of the ?learning tools? in life.

It has been tuff going (every single day of it)?

I know that ?real estate? is what will pull us out of the $hole$ and put us back on track again. It?s just a matter of getting back out there and doing it! After having to ?camp out? on the sidelines all this time, I finally thought about riding through the neighborhoods again. (Family was out of town at the Gator Nationals car race and I thought ?why not Sunday??

?.but I d-i-d-n?t do it?

Didn?t feel I was as prepared as I should be (on Lease Options). I?m trying to learn all I can but n-o-t-h-i-n-g seems to be sinking in these days. :frowning: The ?ole pea brain has turned to mush. Guess I better just cool my heels for a while longer.

C-ya

Thanx guys! I’ll get ‘out there’ and kick some booty!! (nt) - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 22, 2000 at 13:13:25:

nt.

Re: getting thru another GREAT day… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on March 22, 2000 at 07:20:27:

Susan, My guess is that you will perk up the minute you hear a motivated seller talk about the problem he hopes you can help him solve.

I guess I’ve missed some of your earlier posts about how you ended up where you are - doesn’t much matter.

From the ones I HAVE read, I am sure that the solution lies in the next motivated seller!

Have a great FL day.
Carol

Hey Susan… - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on March 21, 2000 at 21:12:49:

I tried to e-mail you privately with a whole novel I wrote in response to your post! However, it bounces, with a “user unknown” error. Do you have another address I can use?

Brian

I saw this on a… - Posted by Randy -IL-

Posted by Randy -IL- on March 21, 2000 at 19:57:53:

I saw this on a local church’s billboard in front of their building yesterday.

“A set-back
is only a set-up
for a come-back”

Randy

Re: getting thru another day… - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on March 21, 2000 at 17:46:04:

Susan,
Bring here on this board for over a year now, I feel like my family has grown. I have been firunate enough to meet and correspond with many people from here.
They have ALL been a great help both in my investing carreer as well as my emotional well being.
You say that you are not ready to do L/O’s?
No WAY!
You are ready, and here is why.
You have this board.
go find some motivated sellers and then post here and write offers.
Heck, even e-mail some of us who are doing deals and I’m sure many of us would be happy to help you learn the ropes of L/O’s.
I’m sure that you know my story. I am also on a “comeback” if you will.
I’m making strides daily.
They are really baby steps, but I am moving forward.
And trust me, if I can make it, surely you can too.
Stick with it, and get out there.
Make the deals, and that light at the end of the tunnel will only get brighter.

You have brightened the day of so many of us here, now it is your turn.
We are here for you just as you have been for us.
That is what this board is all about.
Sure, it is called Creative Real Estate online, but those of us “in the know” are aware of the REAL POWER that exists here.
Use it, and thrive!

So, consider this your “kick in the rump!” to get started! Just remember to give it back when needed.

Good luck, and smile, it becomes you,
Jim IL Õ¿Õ

Re: getting thru another day… - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on March 21, 2000 at 15:38:43:

Hi Susan, First I want to thank you for your help with finding a warm body in FL. Connie has been very helpful.

I do know how you feel, when I was 21 I bought a Duplex in Mass. I bought it for 11K in 1970 two years later I sold it for 26.5K. I then moved to Va. and bought a house for 30K and lived there for 2.5yrs. I fond this land with an old farm house on it,livable but in need of some work. The plan was to sell the house I was in and buy the land with the house. I had the house up for sale for 55K and had a buyer. That sale would have allowed me to buy the land and the old farm house with only a 5K mortg. for thirty years. The plan then was to live in the old house and build duplexes on the remaining land which I had figured would be about 3 buidings. All this happened when I was 26yrs old. You know how plans go well I ended up getting a divorce and I lost every thing. All I had was a box of close, fish tank, books and a 1970 orange VW. I was, to say the least, broke and alone.
I’m telling you this only to say that when I realized that I had managed to get myself in that possition in a short time and I was not an Investor, nor do I consider myself one yet, I knew that I could do it any time I wanted, in time.
I will add that, that was 28yrs ago and I did get back to where I wanted to be, several times. I’m now on my fourth comeback and again I know I can do it in a shorter time frame than each time before.
I’m looking foreward to making the money on the house on the water I bought 4yrs ago and moving to FL. to really start Investing and I hope I can learn as much as you and all the other fine people at this site.
Thank you Lee

Re: getting thru another day… - Posted by RichardWA

Posted by RichardWA on March 21, 2000 at 14:52:30:

Susan,

I know how that can be. You are looking at a guy who has had a LOT of ups and downs in his life.

There’s a lot you can do to improve things. You just need to be out there actively looking. Looking at properties–AND looking for ways to make yourself and your husband feel better.

One thing you can do is to make some special times for your husband–take him out for a walk in a park, do simething romantic together, go dancing or out to a comedy club–something fun. That will at least show him that there’s still good things in life. The sunshine, and the butterflies, and the rainbows won’t go away. They’ll always be there. Sounds like he needs to know that.

I’d also say, do something active with real estate each day–scan the newspaper ads, call up realtors, go for drives in the neighborhoods–and at the same time have some patience with yourself. If you can’t be all gung ho right now like you used to, don’t worry about it. Just get your feet wet, push yourself a little more each day. Before you know it, you’ll hav efound out about some great deal, from a seller desperate to sell for a fire-sale price, and you both will be all excited and enthusiastic again! :slight_smile:

It takes time to heal from a blow like you’ve had. It’s something all successful investors have gone through–I’ve never met a single one who DIDN’T. It sucks, but this recent failure can truly be the seeds of future success and greatness, if you can see the hidden blessing in it, take to heart the lessons life is trying to teach you. A setback like this isn’t a failure–it’s just a learning experience.

Plant the seeds for future success. :slight_smile:

–RichardWA

Re: getting thru another day… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 21, 2000 at 13:30:01:

I like what Ed Garcia has said over and over again. “The best teacher is the street.” If you want to see something happen in your business don’t re-read those books and courses for the 19th time, go talk to motivated sellers, look at some houses, and make lots and lots of offers. Somebody might just say yes.

Best wishes. Rob