getting title - Posted by P. Mark

Posted by Steve-WA on September 09, 2003 at 10:39:34:

DOL, DMV, whatever - the guys who do your state’s vehicle title stuff. Explain the situation to them, and they will explain the details of the process, whatever it may be, and that is assuming that there IS a way, a process.

Have you established a dialogue with the company that condemned the MH alternative to dealing with it? In that case, they may be willing to let it go for the cost of demolition, or if you subscribe to doc’s advice, they may give up their interest to you for nothing, or pay you some amount less than their demo cost to take it off their hands.

Bottom line: two things need to be in place -

  1. The company’s willingness to work with you

  2. The state’s process for releasing/removing the condemnation status

getting title - Posted by P. Mark

Posted by P. Mark on September 09, 2003 at 09:59:56:

how do you go about getting title to MH that has been condemened. the company that financed condemened the trailer rather than deal with collections and having to move the trailer. this is a 1998 model. thanks and look forward to your response…