GOD & The Board - Posted by Dfree

Posted by ann on August 02, 2003 at 10:05:53:

good job…do another one!!!

ann

GOD & The Board - Posted by Dfree

Posted by Dfree on August 01, 2003 at 20:21:06:

Made me see the Light!

I want to say Thanks To the Board and Ron Starr for putting me on the path to being an investor in real estate as oppose to a dealer in properties(rehabber).

(Background)
I’ve been in real estate for about two years and have never done anything other than Retail properties from MLS. Buy Low, Fix Up, Sell High. That’s it none of that fancy Sub 2- Owner Carry-stuff, just buy’em,fix’em and sell’em. Now mind you I read and studied all the creative real estate courses and just never thought it was for me.

Since my realtor referrals are down to 1 deal every 4 months and the MLS has become a complete nightmare for finding great deals, about 2 months ago I started a serious marketing campaign that started small and will gradually get larger each month(bandit signs,direct mail,newspaper ads,flyers etc)

The results have been promising and steadily increasing but I soon realized I was speaking with so many individuals who didn’t have a junker to sell me at 50% below FMV. I kept getting calls from homeowners w/little or no equity or facing foreclosure and I couldn’t help them. One Day while sitting in my office having a pity party, divine intervention lead me to a post by Ron STarr where he called an individual a dealer of property(rehabber) as oppose to a realestate investor then it hit me that’s what I was doing. I wasn’t investing in real estate like I told everyone I was. I was simply buying a house every now and again, fixing and selling it.

BOY COULD I KICK MYSELF THINKING OF THE INDIVIDUALS I TURNED AWAY.

Well to sum it up I pushed the fear aside (I already had the education/information) and started my journey as an real estate investor Lease/Options and SUB 2’s, etc.

Well just today I had my first meeting with a seller and I put a deal together on the spot WITH his ATTORNEY present. Man I feel like I million bucks and like I can move the world, it’s one of the greatest feelings in the world I helped an owner out of a jam (paying 2 mortgages)and will make a cool 6k in option considerations,17k in equity and $300 in cash flow in a matter of an hour w/L-Option.
(Don’t Worry I already have a T/B in line we sign next week)

Now I truly feel like a real estate investor and not just a rehabber (no offense), I had to be creative on the spot and everything I’ve learned from the courses and the board came rolling out. In fact in the end the homeowners stood up and hugged me and thanked me for helping them out. Oh by the way I also have another appointment tomorrow with another very motivated seller, man this is Just Great Stuff!

I can’t say thank you enough to you guys, You’re The Best and God Bless!

Re: GOD & The Board - Posted by Maria (FL)

Posted by Maria (FL) on August 02, 2003 at 10:25:23:

That is great!!! I congratulate you on your new sucess. Keep us posted. I am trying to get over my fear and take it to the next level and start advertising. I have bought 3 properties this year to hold all good deals but I would like to get more aggresive but fear is holding me back.Anyway you should be proud of yourself! Enjoy the good feeling!
Maria