Gods waiting room... - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on February 17, 2002 at 16:56:15:

Chuck,
…So I would be known as the “Grim Tin-can reaper?” Yeah Chuck, the thought did cross my mind & I’m sure that I’ll come across some of those too.
But in the mean time (no pun intended), I’m researching at the moment. Some of these parks, 55+ have Board members & rules that can get in the way of being an investor. Just gotta move on to the next one. The school system has changed alot down here to (since you were here). Gov. Bush likes spending $$$ on other non-related companies other than our (what use to be) schools.
Kevin.

Gods waiting room… - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on February 16, 2002 at 14:51:09:

Hey All!,
Well thanks to everyone for recomending those books to me down here in Florida. I drive all over my county everyday (for my future X fulltime employer). Now everywhere I look I see goldmines for sale. I’m still soak’n up the book info. too. I’ve counted over 30 MHP’s on my daily routes. “No wonder they call Florida God’s waiting room!!” I will say that I’m A little “weary” on dealing with people that have A few more wrinkles & wisdom than I, but am ready for the challenges. Is there any other information on dealing with “55+ MHP’s” that I can get my greedly 30yr. old hands on?? There are more old folks down here than I can count. Way too many 55+ deals to made down here!!! Thanks again gang for your support! Kevin.

Re: Gods waiting room… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on February 16, 2002 at 21:01:07:

I can’t speak to Florida, but I own a 60-space 55+ park in Arizona.

All the deals I’ve done in it have been for cash, seniors (to my experience) don’t like “paper”.

That’s not to say you can’t make a profit, indeed you can, you just do it all at once, instead of over time.

I’m not complaining.

Re: Gods waiting room… - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on February 17, 2002 at 13:51:32:

Chuck,
Well that does give me some amount of courage, what you said. But my challenge is "How can I do this with 55+?? You see at this point I don’t have the cash to fork out to create one time deals wih 55+.
(but am saving some). When fishing for many kinds of fish at one time, one must have many types of bait, wright?
I will try the L/O (for that is what I know of at this time from Lonnie’s books). I guess what I’m wondering is, “Is there other types of baits I can use for these older & wiser fish?” (I’m just ah minno myself, LOL!) Thanks again Chuck!!
Fl. Kevin.

Re: Gods waiting room… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on February 17, 2002 at 14:15:01:

I haven’t been to Florida since 1963. I was in the 3rd grade at the time… my experience there may be out of date.

:wink:

Your going to have to look at your market and determine what’s working there now. Once done, follow that and expand upon it if possible.

There is one definate upside to the 55+ market, they eventually pass on (as in dying - trying not to make this sound morbid). If your in the right place at the right time you can profit from the opportunity.

I have.