gonna try to start over! - Posted by mike

Posted by tang-0-rang on February 26, 2002 at 24:08:08:

I enjoyed your story chuck, just one more reason to read every post I see with the name Chuck (AZ)next to it.
thank you much
Todd Williamson (CO)

gonna try to start over! - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on February 24, 2002 at 23:30:15:

Ok guys! I have looked this site over for awhile and I know I can do it, but I have a problem! A year ago I bought a house on land contract for 1 yr. I still have all kinds of credit problems, I just got fired from my job so I cant get the house refinanced. The seller will not extend the contract. I have a little over a week to figure out something so I wont have to move. The seller is gonna take over posession March 4th. I know it sounds inevitable but I dont want to move. I like it here! I also am buying it cheap. So I need to figure out how to fix my problem, so I can help “fix” someone elses!
any ideas?
Mike.

Good Post Scott! - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 25, 2002 at 11:50:56:

Many of us have had to take reality on the chin. Investing and running your own business is the means to control your life but Scott is right, first things first.

Getting a roof over your head, anyway you can is where to start. If this house is not going to work out then make the best of it and move on. Downsize to what you can afford, work jobs as necessary to cover the bills and begin to educate yourself on how to run your own business so this will never happen again.

It can be done, I promise you. You will not be the first, nor the last to face adversity.

Best Wishes For Your Success,

Tony-VA

Re: gonna try to start over! - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on February 25, 2002 at 10:24:41:

Mike,

I was laid off from my previous job(Plant Closed). So I have been there but that is not an excuse to get behind on bills. I dont know enough about your financial situation ie married? kids? any other income how far in debt ect. My moto is and always has been I WILL NOT go backward! I will work three jobs at temp. employment agency’s if I must. Dig in resist the easy way out(bankruptcy) and work yourself out of the hole. In this day and age jobs are always available even if they are low paying two or three of them will keep you afloat until you find one in your job skill that will pay more. Then as soon as your out and you find one good job start immediatly working yourself out of the “rat race” for good. Mike nothing is easy about where your at, I know, but under adversity is where a man shows his true nature! Take Care ScottS(NC)

This is your wake-up call… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on February 25, 2002 at 12:46:29:

Having worked most of my life in a factory, I’ve been laid off, on-strike, shut-out, etc… more times than I can remember.

I even did a Chapter 13 once… it took me 7 years to get square again.

“Square” in this case means a credit file with NO entries on it, zero, ziltch, none. It was as if I never existed.

At that point I started the climb to financial security, by doing a no-money-down land/home deal that I sold a year later on lease/option.

I walked from the first closing table with 5 acres (of the 10 purchased) free and clear. A year later I walked from the lease/option closing table with $17,000 in cash.

I invested that $17k in “lonnie-deals”, and the profits into other deals, and so on. I now own 3 mobile home parks, and a thriving note brokerage. I haven’t broke a sweat (because of work) in I don’t know how long.

Total passage of time from “square” to today, about 6 years.

Lonnie has a article here called “What’s wrong with our schools?” …it was my wake-up call. Between that and the posts on this site I gathered enough education to change my life.

I now make as much in a month as I used to make in a year, and it’s all “passive income”.

You have no-where to go but up.

Re: This is your wake-up call… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on February 26, 2002 at 06:19:23:

Excellent. It’s guys like you who make America what it is- the best dam*ed place in the history of man. Keep on trucking.

John Hyre