Good books and - Posted by Dustin

Posted by Terry Hamilton on June 27, 2007 at 13:00:24:

thank you James…

but i have heard of those who failed miserably with short sales. The word on the street is to pre-pare them like a BPO.

What’s your thoughts?

thanks again!

Good books and - Posted by Dustin

Posted by Dustin on June 27, 2007 at 11:20:37:

Who are some reputable authors and “gurus” worth reading and listening to? Every big name I look up an here or google or read book reviews always say they are scammers or just sales people. Any suggestions on good ones? I would welcome any general investing books but especcially anything on wholesaling. Thanks

Re: Good books and - Posted by Darren

Posted by Darren on June 28, 2007 at 08:01:01:

Search for Bill Bronchick’s books. He’s widely accepted in the industry as being knowledgeable and credible.

Re: Good books and - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 27, 2007 at 19:02:11:

I suggest “Unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing” as the best general information guide I’ve read. I also like John T. Reed, Steve Berges, and Leigh Robinson.

Re: Good books and - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 27, 2007 at 13:56:58:

Anything by Lonnie Scruggs is a bargain. I make $$$ each & every month from what he’s taught me. I’ve read & re-read his books many times. You can buy all 3 of his books right here on this site for less than $100. He’ll be speaking @ Tony & Scott’s MH Boot Camp the 1st weekend in August in Asheville, & if you are really serious about learning, that’s the place to be. All the info is on the MH Forum on this site. If you have any questions, you can join the MH Chat tonight @ 9pm ET. Most of the folks there have attended @ least once & many of us go every year.

Tony & Scott’s material is also chock-full of info. Much that Tony, Scott & Lonnie teach about MHs is applicable to stick-built. Tony & Scott’s “Land-Bank” concept totally changed my way of thinking & investing.

Last I heard there were 2 seats left for Boot Camp. It sells out, so don’t tarry if thinking of attending. Because of the full-day field trip, seats are always limited. Do plan to come early & stay late–

Tye

Short Sale Books? - Posted by Terry Hamilton

Posted by Terry Hamilton on June 27, 2007 at 12:39:55:

ON the same note…can anyone recommend a book on short sales?

Many of the books are rip-off artist who want $200 for padded books with HUGH Page Margins and triple spaced pages. Don’t want that…

Re: Good books and - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on June 27, 2007 at 11:41:55:

Bill Bronchick, Terry Vaughan, John Behle, Mike Morringello, Joe Kaiser, Lonnie Scruggs are all top notch investors. I’ve met them all and believe me, they all know their stuff. They are all tremendously knowledgable and sincere. And they have all been around a longtime.

You can’t go wrong with anything they have.

Re: Short Sale Books? - Posted by James

Posted by James on June 27, 2007 at 12:51:35:

That’s the problem…Short Sales are pretty easy to
handle on your own…not too much to learn there.
The majority of ‘guru’ material is marketing anyhoo. You
should search here and ask around…the ideas will come. Here’s
a hint, on SS, try and get the property sold to your end-buyer
within the first 3 weeks after securing the contracts from
the bank. The longer you have the property locked, the better
chance you have to find buyers (if you don’t already have
a source of them).

James