Good Buy or Good Bye? - Posted by TH

Posted by Keith C on June 05, 2005 at 19:30:48:

My first thought is it’s not my idea of a unit you could flip. It sounds like at least 1 month to do the repairs and God only knows how much it will cost. If your good at fixer upers and you can get it at a good price I say go for it if not, GOOD BYE.

Good Buy or Good Bye? - Posted by TH

Posted by TH on June 05, 2005 at 17:04:04:

I found a 3/2 sfh in a great location for a good price. The problem is the house is in need of major repairs. New decking for the roof, new roof, guttering, soffitt, storm windows etc… The inside of the house just needs paint and carpet and perhaps a few minor repairs. Heres the kicker, this house has a full block basement and the basement has been leaking badly. There seems to be a crack from water leaking in for a long period of time. It’s actually not a crack but a breech of concrete in the seam of the blocks. It’s about midway up from the floor and mostly on one wall. I was thinking maybe a company like Bdry or something like that would repair this for a couple thousand dollars. Anyone got any ideas? I’m thinking you would have to dig out the foundations and make sure you had a seal from the outside? I would like to buy and flip this one if I can get it right, but am a little scared about all the repairs needed. Thoughts?

TH