Good things happen!- long - Posted by Dan in Dallas

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on March 10, 1999 at 20:51:24:

That is fantastic. Right place right time and everything. Way to go man. And on top of that you probably gave some great insite to the Lonnie dealers in Dallas as to who they can call if they need one moved now. Keep on Truckin

Good things happen!- long - Posted by Dan in Dallas

Posted by Dan in Dallas on March 10, 1999 at 20:24:52:

We’ve all seen those bumper stickers “S**t Happens”. Well
folks, let me tell you that good things happen too. A few weeks ago I answered an ad where someone was selling an 85 Redman
mobile home. They were asking $3,000 for it. I went to look at it and discovered that it had to be moved because the small park it was in had been sold to developers who were
going to build expensive homes on it.

It was in move in condition, needed nothing (except moving, which was what I was looking for…I have a small park and need some MHs for it). I bought it for $1650. Within the
next couple of days I was there getting it ready for the move (I do that myself), and a neighbor came up and asked if I would be interested in theirs. It was a decent 83 model
with new stove, refridg., water heater, air cond. I bought
it for $800.

Now, the really neat part! While working on the second one,
another neighbor asked if I would be interested in theirs…
a 3-2 82 mod. in decent condition. How much, I asked.
“Well we’ve been asking 4,000, but we’ll take 3,000”.
No thanks. More than I can afford to pay for it…
Neighbor #4 later approached. Nice 80 model 2-1. I offered $500. They passed.

While working over there I made contact with the people involved with the new developement. Today they told me
that the last two homes I just described had been abandoned
by the owners.(Took one in trade for a new home somewhere
else, and the owners of the other signed over the papers).

They told me that I could have them both free if I would move them. I think I’ll take them up on that!!!

Again, as I usually am, I’m a happy camper!!!

I hope you all have such positive things going on!!!

Dan

Re: Congratulations - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on March 11, 1999 at 06:53:43:

Hi Dan,

Congratulations! But I keep hearing “It won?t work where I live.” Shows what happens when you get out on the playing field and make things happen. Keep up the good work.

Best wishes,

Lonnie