Good time to start?? - Posted by James Nalley

Posted by George on April 27, 2006 at 01:23:25:

Wrong link, meant to be: http://housebubble.com/

Good time to start?? - Posted by James Nalley

Posted by James Nalley on April 26, 2006 at 07:25:48:

I have been studying and trying to learn all I can in real estate for almost a year now, wanting to make sure that I know what I’m doing. However, I have heard recently that the housing market is slowing down, leveling out, etc. Is this a good time to be starting out, a good time to be rehabbing, wholesaling, or doing lease options?

Re: Good time to start?? - Posted by CS

Posted by CS on April 27, 2006 at 14:37:38:

Great time to get started. Email me and we can talk about some Emerging Markets, etc.

No time like the present - Posted by David (Los Angeles)

Posted by David (Los Angeles) on April 27, 2006 at 09:46:10:

If the market in your area is flattening out or slowing down, you should be more cautious about buy-and-hold strategies. Barring some massive natural disaster (i.e., the eruption of Mount St. Helens) property values don’t collapse overnight, so if you can buy cheaply enough today to sell at a profit within a few weeks, you should be okay.

Buy and hold can work in a declining market too, if you buy selectively and have the fortitude and financial flexibility to hold on long term. Most people don’t.

Re: Good time to start?? - Posted by George

Posted by George on April 27, 2006 at 01:19:35:

Was January 2000 a good time to buy NASDAQ stocks? For a different perspective from all the cheerleading you get on this message board, check out http://www.housingbubble.com

Re: Good time to start?? - Posted by The Frisco Kid

Posted by The Frisco Kid on April 26, 2006 at 23:42:08:

James

As one of my advisors said years and years agro, the best time to start is yesterday, and let the deal dictate what you do with it. Your job is to find opportunities and then determine the best thing to do.

In the meantime you will be be filling your toolbox with sub2, wholesaling, optioning, hold and rent info, etc. and you will have the right tool to do the job when the time comes.

Re: Good time to start?? - Posted by Chris in FL

Posted by Chris in FL on April 26, 2006 at 15:43:23:

I am a long-term investor. I forget which guru said this, I think maybe Robert Allen, and I will probably butcher it, too, but here goes: The secret to building wealth is ‘Don’t wait and buy real estate; buy real estate and wait’. Best wishes!

Nope, you missed it! - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on April 26, 2006 at 09:30:21:

Just kidding. But that does always seem to happen to me with the stock market. Good thing real estate is local and there is always opportunity in your own backyard. Ignore what you “hear” and go find a deal!

Re: Good time to start?? - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on April 26, 2006 at 09:25:00:

The best time to start is ALWAYS now, not later. There are ALWAYS motivated sellers in ALL markets. Some you just have to work harder to find and it is ALWAYS a negotiating business.

Best of luck.

Dutch
OKHomesavers Dot Com