Got $75,000 at settlement today as buyer - Posted by sr

Posted by Brent_IL on August 29, 2003 at 05:22:09:

Got $75,000 at settlement today as buyer - Posted by sr

Posted by sr on August 28, 2003 at 23:26:28:

oh what a feeling walking out of settlement today with $75,000 and the property too. I’ve gotten other checks at settlement before but this was by far the biggest. The settlement officer noted to everybody there including the seller’s attorney that my check was almost the same as the seller’s check. I thought that that was uncalled for, and that that’s just the kind of thing that could PO the seller. There were a couple of minor issues, but they were resolved and the seller said that he was satisfied when he left. He wouldn’t sign the original contract until his attorney approved the deal, and I thought that that would be the kiss of death. But his attorney went along with everything in the contract and didn’t change a single word. I was satisfied today too.

Yes…details on your deal, please. (ntxt) - Posted by DC (IL)

Posted by DC (IL) on August 29, 2003 at 10:54:21:

sr - what kind of deal was it? - Posted by mattc

Posted by mattc on August 29, 2003 at 09:29:22:

sr,

Could you give a broad outline of the deal - just
numbers - without mentioning the city or any names?
Was it a sub2?

Thanks,

mattc

Re: Got $75,000 at settlement today as buyer - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on August 29, 2003 at 08:39:18:

I would mention to the officer that you did not like that at all. Your business is your business and you are right to think that it could have killed the deal.

Do not let that go unsaid. Unless you just don’t take business to them again.

As to the other, without going into your business too much, would you mind giving a little more detail as to how you were able to do this?

Great Job!
Terry