Got the deed now what? - Posted by JR

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 10, 2002 at 22:47:32:

I think you probably meant to say “definitely”, but “defiantly” actually might be a better description of the seller here.

You need to be bribing him to get out the door, NOW! You probably can’t evict him fast enough to get him out before the foreclosure sale. And he’s apparently not willing to leave without something. So pay him to get him out, or else he will continue “defiantly” and cost you your deal.

NT

Got the deed now what? - Posted by JR

Posted by JR on October 10, 2002 at 20:46:09:

I found a sweet deal, got the owner to deed me the property now he won’t move out. I did not give him any money yet, but the deal is so good I can’t walk away.What can i do? I need him out before paying the back morgage and getting title insurance and Only have amonth before the foreclosure sale date. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you JR

Re: Sweet deal for who? (nt) - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on October 10, 2002 at 20:56:40:

Re: Sweet deal for who? (nt) - Posted by JR

Posted by JR on October 10, 2002 at 21:54:19:

Sweet deal for me once I get him to move.It should not be that hard since he looses it in a month anyway he just proplably wants more $$ and since there is over 100,000 to be made I think he just might get it.Thanks for your not so optimistic view on things always seems to inspire me . Is it too soon for a celibration? Maby.Is there a solution to the problem ? Defiantly.

Your post was short and sweet.
Thankyou
JR

Re: Oh really - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on October 11, 2002 at 15:06:43:

I thought it might be a “sweet deal” for the deadbeat who is occupying the house.

He is out of the habit of making the payments. Probably does not even remenber how much they were.

He has given you a deed so it is your problem now (sweet for him), and he is still there (a freebie).

You can evict him if you would like access to “your” house BUT you will first have to prove to the judge that you have a right to evict him. Guess you will have to record that deed and get involved in “his” (now yours and his) foreclosure action; while he still lives in the house in question. No doubt he will find many reasons to delay this legal action of yours where you are attempting to get him out of “his home”.

Now if this guy becomes completely insolvent (and there is no profit in him not to) he may be able to get a “free lawyer” to fight you for a long time. If his nerves are shot because of your antics, he may even require some mental care (could take a long time). Now after all this is cleared up he no doubt will still be broke and probably need to file bankruptcy, this should delay things some more.

There are a few hundred other legitimate
“delays” available for him. He could retire in “your” house while you are attempting to get him to move.

So from my seat, it looks like a “sweet deal” for him. Keep us informed.