grants - Posted by terry

Posted by Tony on January 30, 2002 at 22:01:27:

I have heard of things like this in fact I was mailed a flyer of sorts just yesterday. If this does exist I am sure they are going to charge a fee for there services. You may be able to figure it out but they are not going to give you the info because that is there way to make money.

If you are a novice or need more help you can get it here. You will find many ways to make money here with little investment little risk and no credit. What you need is education which will also cost you time and some money. However there is alot of free info here and is a good start. If you have other specific question put up another post.

grants - Posted by terry

Posted by terry on January 30, 2002 at 04:30:48:

i recieved a flyer from a grant finder that says they
will match you up with someone who will give you money
to start buying real estate and you do not have to
pay them back. has anyone heard of or used this method?
if so who did you use?

Re: grants - Posted by Bob Taylor

Posted by Bob Taylor on February 01, 2002 at 09:30:59:

The grants are for real. The SELLER gives the buyer up to 6% for DP/CC. If you have that much in the deal you would like to give away, you can sell more, quicker. I don’t know about that , yet. But, the grants are for real. And, you are right, somebody pays-the seller pays.

Re: grants - for real!!! - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on January 30, 2002 at 14:56:51:

It’s for real. I heard about it on one of Ron Legrand’s tapes over the past two months. Here’s the catch. The Non-Profit Organization will “give” i.e. the grant, the buyer the down payment & some settlement costs for the house. However, the Non-Profit Organization gets the money comes back from the seller plus some fees (points - of course) at settlement (closing).

It sounded like it would work, the seller just needs to make up the additional costs through some other manner. I assume through an increased sales price.

I think Ron was introducing the concept as a way to get full price for the property, that you might have rehab’d & help a deserving family to buy it’s “American Dream”

Good Luck & Good Investing.

Re: grants - Posted by TinkerBell

Posted by TinkerBell on January 30, 2002 at 08:02:20:

Terry, stop the insanity. Think for a moment. Does this REALLY sound legitimate to you? Some agency is going to GIVE you money and not ask for any payback??
If you believe that I have some wonderful swampland to sell you in Florida.

Re: YES they are for real - Posted by Scott (UT)

Posted by Scott (UT) on January 31, 2002 at 22:47:00:

Terry is right. As a mortgage lender I do these grant programs all the time to help buyer get qualified and to allow the seller more potential buyers.

Don’t knock it if you don’t know how it works. Go to: www.thebuyersfund.com or www.alphaassistance.com.

These are very legit.

Re: grants - Posted by terry

Posted by terry on January 30, 2002 at 13:23:45:

if that swamp land is near disney i will take it.
really you hear about government grants and this
company matches you with private foundations and
i wanted to know if anyone had gone this route.
i cannot afford to make any more mistakes and i
hoped there was someone out there who really was
trying to help people climb to the top.