Gurus attacking gurus, Reed vs.Gatten,Kaiser,etc - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by chris on November 15, 2000 at 15:42:10:

Reed’s site seems to be up now.

Gurus attacking gurus, Reed vs.Gatten,Kaiser,etc - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on November 14, 2000 at 12:54:47:

I recently read John Reed’s website and how he gives evidence against most gurus out there.As a newbie I believe his info is valuable because out of conflicting reports you can arrive at a truly unbiased opinion,an opinion that can help out newbies everywhere.
He attacked Gatten. Gatten responded and Reed placed his rebuttal at his website Allforeclosure.com.Yet he attacked Kaiser and I didn’t read any rebuttal from him.
I am truly motivated by Kaiser’s articles on this website but would like some feedback from him on Reed’s commentary.Of course from reading Reed’s material he seems like a stuffy industrialist from the turn of the century.The “we earned it” group of “quite trite jim” crowd that doesn’t believe that anything can be done creatively like Gatten and Kaiser purport.
On the other hand I don’t want to be led done the path of the " just believe it can happen crowd" and click your heels and your in Kansas.
So I would like to hear from Kaiser.I’d like to hear his defense.Reed does point out something that I believe.Those gurus pushing out these circus acts of r.e. investing thru extremely expensive seminars,bootcamps,etc make their living from that.They don’t have any time left for real world investing.Sheets,LeGrand,Whitney and others make their living thru these tactics.These guys should teach how to make money in the infomecial circuit selling info. on r.e. investing.
Why do these famous gurus feel the need to charge thousands to newbie like myself in mentoring.
When I do become unimaginably wealthy thru r.e. investing and futures trading I will help free of charge.I might not be punctual but I wiil help.
Then I hear of all these people that were helped by these highpriced gurus and I’m left confused.What is the truth to all of this?Who has the truth?Why is there so much deception out there?
Well I welcome feedback on this especially from Kiaser and other gurus and the rest of us novices .
See ya

Re: Gurus attacking gurus!! - Posted by Shaun

Posted by Shaun on November 22, 2000 at 07:10:53:

There are good Gurus and bad Gurus, just as there are in any business or walk of life. The trick of course is to determine which is which,before you make an informmed decision to invest your money. Any site, such as this one or others where you can find input with which to make that decision is a help to what you should be doing. It is prudent to obtain as much advise, opinion and fact as you possibly can and make your own judgement for an informmed decision. Plenty of investors, who havn’t put their head in the sand, will be happy to help others and let them learn by their own experiences. If you have interest or question on one Guru or another or one program or another, post it here. That is what this Newsgroup is for and you can be and should be better off for the existance of it. However, be specific, if you can on what you want to know.

Re: Gurus attacking gurus - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on November 16, 2000 at 13:26:41:

Here is my .02 regarding John Reed.

1. I tend to agree that for most people, spending 1000s of dollars on a boot camp or a set of courses does not make financial sense. That much money is better spent elsewhere (ie on closing costs).

2. Spending 100s of dollars on a specially selected course or 2 DOES make sense. If you want to be a successful investor, you DO need the information. Where are you going to get it? The library? Not likely.

3. Reed has a built in bias because he DOES sell books that compete with the courses of people he reviews. This is true regardless of what Reed says on his web site about “not reallly being in competition with the gurus”.

4. My major problems with Reed’s web site are that he has a negative bias (look at the reviews of AD Kessler and John Behle) and that he nitpicks people to death (look at the review of Rich Dad, Poor Dad). I mean who cares if Joe Kaiser’s margins are too large? Not me. I care if his ideas can make me money.

Mark

Re: Gurus attacking gurus - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on November 14, 2000 at 14:16:10:

http://www.nothingdown.com/Pages/braindroppings.html

Click on the “That’s the Fact, Jack” link.

Figure out the time it takes to talk to 50 sellers on the telephone. Trust me, it’ll take more than 90 bucks to pull that off. I invest an average of 20 hours with each person I’m training. Basic math will tell you that 90 bucks won’t make that happen.

Joe

Re: Gurus attacking gurus - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on November 14, 2000 at 16:16:44:

I was reading Reed’s website,placed it on my favorites list and when I went back to it I get a no such address posting.
Did you gurus do something to his website.This is something for the Gestapo or the X-files.
Weird