Haines Criss Cross Real Estate Directory - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by John OH on February 22, 2002 at 06:46:02:

Todd is right, however the next version to come out has more info to help investors. Such as tax delinquencies, wealth codes, cencus tract info investor lists, maps and much more. Check their website. It works on a county by county basis, and all counties are not included. Check with your local rep to find out more info.

Haines Criss Cross Real Estate Directory - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Phamtastic on February 21, 2002 at 21:24:50:

A friend of mine told me of a CD called Haines Criss Cross Real Estate Directory.
(haines.com). Can this CD pull up comps that are accurate?

I am also going to the court house to get info on individuals that may be motivated (pre-foreclosure, tired landlords, out of state owners, tax liens, notice of defaults)…will I be able to get this type of information from this CD?

Has anyone had experience with this source of information?
It goes for $800, but since I’m a member of a REI club I can get it for $400.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Phamtastic

Re: Haines Criss Cross Real Estate Directory - Posted by Todd (OH)

Posted by Todd (OH) on February 22, 2002 at 06:36:11:

Phamtastic:

Question: “Can this CD pull up comps that are accurate?”

Answer: Yes.

Question: “I am also going to the court house to get info on individuals that may be motivated (pre-foreclosure, tired landlords, out of state owners, tax liens, notice of defaults)…will I be able to get this type of information from this CD?”

Answer: Yes AND No. You will be able to generate a list of alleged “out of state owners” as good as anyone’s list. These lists are, in my opinion, WAY overhyped because all it does is compare the property address to where the tax payment address is. If there is a mortgage on the house, the tax payment address is often the mortgage servicing company. What good is that? This is a proverbial “needle-in-a-haystack” method in my opinion. Notice you will RARELY (I didn’t say “never”) hear of anyone say they have used this method consistently to generate profits.

As far as the other lists you want to generate, you would need to check out a legal newspaper/publication, or as you mentioned, go to the courthouse directly (or online if avaialable). I suspect even if SOME of the info is online, it will be limited access or limited info.

Good luck,

Todd (OH)