Handyman contracts - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Dennis in FL on April 18, 2000 at 19:51:52:

I have to tell you, no I won’t; my experience in trusting those who others rave about only cost me about $1,500. A real deal, 'cause that was enough for me to decide to leave my job.

I would not be so quick to trust. Keep a tight hand in the beginning and question everything. Once you have done that with three or four handys, you will be better equipped to pick the two and to set rates and parameters. What if the handyman decides you need to replace the roof?

OK, so it may not be that bad, but it is effective to be tough in the beginning and slack off, rather than to try it the other way.

You or your appointed are going to inspect the repairs at random and/or the complaints?

Once burned…
Dennis

Handyman contracts - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Ben (FL) on April 18, 2000 at 06:52:58:

I am about to close on 6 duplexes and a 4-plex (fully rented, in great shape, below market value, owner financed at 8.75% with only 3% down). I have talked to a couple of handymen that professional property managers rave about. My plan is to manage the properties myself. When a tenant has a repair problem, they are to call the handyman to set up repair. He notifies me, does the work, then bills me. I will have a couple on my list just to make sure that one doesn’t get free-thinking with his billing. Do any of you have contracts or service agreements you use for something like this?