Handymen in Iraq? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Tim on September 23, 2003 at 08:09:11:

Seems to be a shortage of handymen in MO, you arent the first iv’e talked to
in the same boat. I am in IL and do that type of work up here…Mayby I
should expand : )

If you had a large project or a total rehab or something large to make a
trip worthwhile, might be willing to come down…Email me if I can help.

Tim

Handymen in Iraq? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 22, 2003 at 23:20:55:

I cant find any skirters/sealers/painters/plumbers/carpenters etc! And I have paid fast. Hand delivered the checks on day of completion!
This is really getting me mad! I have called at least 4 that were referred to me! What is the deal? Should I call the prison and try to find convict labor?
mh parts store even gave me a reference…I called…the person never returned my call! Arrrggghhhh!!!
Handymen have been abducted to another country…Oh! I know! It is an Islamic plot! (New subsitute for Communist plot…which just brings blank stares from my kids!)Better yet…they are rebuilding IraQ and are employees of the US government!

Philip

Re: Handymen in Iraq? and Materials? - Posted by Dan - GA

Posted by Dan - GA on September 26, 2003 at 10:05:53:

Someone told me a lot of building materials were being shipped to Iraq and that had to do with the price of materials going up. I looked at 7/16" OSB at Lowes yesterday and it was almost 2x as much as I paid when building a garage back in Jan/Feb of this year. If that’s not the case, why have sheeting materials almost doubled in 8 months?

Re: Handymen in Iraq? - Posted by Chuck-NY

Posted by Chuck-NY on September 23, 2003 at 20:36:37:

Sorry, I took all of them. I’ll put them back tomorrow. :sunglasses:

You might try typing up some flyers and then go to several local fire departments and ask the one in charge (sometimes a dispatcher) if you can post your
flyer for the firemen to see.

Make your flyer attractive in word content. It must get their attention right away.

Re: Handymen in Iraq? - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on September 23, 2003 at 08:01:55:

Where are you?

Re: Handymen in Iraq? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 24, 2003 at 16:21:09:

Firemen need something to do on their four days off?
Philip

Southern MO nt - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 23, 2003 at 08:04:12:

nt