Happy holidays to all... - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 22, 1999 at 14:40:57:

nt

Happy holidays to all… - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on December 22, 1999 at 12:45:32:

Hello all,

Wow! What a year.

I know this board is supposed to be limited to real estate discussion, but I hope I can get a little latitude for a holiday message. Somehow, it just doesn’t seem right to let the season pass without expressing some thoughts that may otherwise go unsaid.

I am getting ready to hit the road to my in-laws for Christmas, so I won’t be online for a while. But before leaving, I just had to take the time to express my gratitude and thanks to all of you for helping to make my life so much richer this past year.

It is very hard for me to believe that it has only been a little more than a year since I got involved with Creative Real Estate Online (after a year or more of lurking)! And it seems unreal that it was just over nine months ago that I met many of you for the first time at the convention in Dallas. Whew!, what a run it has been since then.

In that short span of time, the direction of my life has been changed. Without CREo, I would not be considering writing books, speaking at workshops, or looking at deals all over the country. (Neither would I be aware of such weighty issues as DoS, woodchucks, and pennies on the sidewalk!) Thanks to all of you here, I enjoy contacts and friendships with like minded folks all over the world, and you have spurred me to not just be content with getting better, but to strive for the best. And for that I am very grateful, for I now know the true meaning of “the enemy of the best, is often the good.” As I plot my course for the next year, I will be very aware that it is only in the pursuit of excellence that I will find the true extent of my ability. I can’t wait to see what the coming year has to bring.

This is the time of year for me to reflect, take stock, and give thanks for the many blessings in my life. This year, I find that I need to make a special effort to thank a couple of folks publicly, or it’s equivalent here in cyberspace.

Along with my wish for a safe and peaceful holiday to all of you, I want to especially thank JP and Terry Vaughan. You guys have put together a most amazing piece of work here with this site. I thank you for your creativity, for your diligence in protecting and preserving the essence of true networking, and for your commitment to excellence in information and content. From all of us here, even though we might rant and rave about this and that not being the way it should, or the way we want it, the truth of the matter is, this place comes the closest to being real estate investor paradise, or we wouldn’t be here! Thanks for putting up with us in spite of ourselves, and to Jeanne also for the day to day task of keeping things running smoothly. Most of all, I thank you for your friendship. I have greatly enjoyed getting to know and work with you both, and hope this year has been the first of many that we can work and grow together.

Merry Christmas, and Happy (we hope!) New Year,

ray

Ray: You’re One of the Heroes Here - Posted by PeteH(NYC)

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on December 23, 1999 at 24:45:08:

You’ve given unstintingly of your time, expertise and valued opinion to myself and others; I for one am enormously grateful. Here’s hoping you unwrap what you want to this week, and prosper in the upcoming ones. Look forward to talking to you soon.

Re: Happy holidays to all… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on December 22, 1999 at 21:54:04:

How many of us share your thoughts and feelings. Thanks for taking the time to express them.
Carol and Dennis