hard money lenders? - Posted by new in MD

Posted by K.E. on July 15, 2002 at 20:54:30:

Thats what the real Hard money lenders do they will lend based upon the value of the property. Usually at 50 -70% LTV

hard money lenders? - Posted by new in MD

Posted by new in MD on July 15, 2002 at 17:54:05:

What is the best place to find hard money lenders?
Is there any hard money lenders that don’t even check credit but just loan based on equity?

7 Steps to Find Hard Money Lenders - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on July 15, 2002 at 22:29:47:

Seven Steps to Find Hard Money Lenders

Step 1. Since most hard money lenders tend to be either local or regional in scope, on this news group, post what city and state you are in and perhaps someone from that area can refer you to a hard money lender.

Step 2. One hard money lender, Bob Beckman of Rehab Funding, advertises on this web site. Look for his banner ad at the top of this page. If at first you don’t see it, simply click on your web browser’s reload or refresh button until the banner ad says “Hard Money Loans” or “Rehab Funding”. Or go directly to his web site at http://www.rehabfunding.com/.

Step 3. Many hard money lenders have web sites that explain what they have to offer, including their rates, terms and conditions. Therefore, do a search of the Internet for hard money lender web sites.

Step 4. Find several local rehabbers by calling their “I Buy Houses” ads in your local daily newspaper as well as the local Pennysaver, Thrifty Nickel, Greensheet, etc. In my area, several rehabbers run ads in the yellow pages. Ask the rehabber if they can refer you to a hard money lender who makes equity based loans in your area.

Step 5. Attend the next meeting of your local real estate investment club. Ask some of the experienced investors for a referral to a hard money lender. If the club has a membership roster (as mine does), start at the top of the list and contact each member and ask who they use for hard money loans.

Step 6. Open the yellow pages to “Real Estate Loans” or “Real Estate Mortgages” and start at the top of the list. Call each lender and ask if they make hard money loans. If they don’t, ask if they can refer you to someone who does. Be careful with this last one. Many mortgage brokers only deal in “traditional” types of loans and will look at you with a puzzled look, if you ask about “hard money”. ?Hard money lenders? are also referred to as ?equity based lenders? or “asset based lenders”. Just make sure that the person you’re asking understands that you’re looking for a lender who looks primarily to the asset and isn’t very concerned with your credit when deciding whether or not to make the loan.

Step 7. Contact your title company and ask if they know anyone who makes equity based loans. If they don’t, open the yellow pages to “Title Companies” and start at the top of the list. Call each title company and ask if they know of any hard money lenders in your area. If real estate settlement closings are not handled by title companies in your area, contact whoever does closings (typically attorneys) and ask for referrals to hard money lenders.

If you do steps 1 through 7 above, I’m confident you will find a hard money lender. However, if you don’t find a hard money lender after completing steps 1 through 7, contact me by e-mail at jimmyak@ix.netcom.com and I’ll point you to a web based list of hard money lenders. Look for a lender on the list who makes loans in your area. There are several that are listed as making loans nationwide.

Also, if you haven’t already done so, go to the ‘how to’ section of this web site and read Ed Wachsman’s explanation of hard money in his article entitled “A Glossary Of Common Terms Used In Loans And Lending”. You can find it at http://www.creonline.com/articl68.htm

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX