Has anyone made a career doing L/Os? - Posted by Hal

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 09, 2002 at 16:04:12:

No, I don’t personally know anyone who does strictly sandwich L/O deals. I wouldn’t doubt it could provide a very good income for someone wanting to devote themselves to it, though. Just understand and manage the risks involved when buying on L/O, and go for it.

Has anyone made a career doing L/Os? - Posted by Hal

Posted by Hal on July 09, 2002 at 12:50:58:

I have purchased two courses on L/Os. I would like to know if anyone out there has done deals? Have you done well enough with L/Os to make it full time? Can you make a career out of L/Os?

Re: Has anyone made a career doing L/Os? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 09, 2002 at 14:02:18:

Hal, many of us sell using L/Os, but don’t buy via L/Os. You may want to clarify your question. Do you mean sandwich L/Os?

Re: Has anyone made a career doing L/Os? - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on July 09, 2002 at 13:47:05:

Do a search for JPiper. We miss him around here, but he does/used to do tons of L/O’s.

Marcos

P.S.- Also look up Merle Wooley from two years back, you can basically put together his system if you are patient enough.

Re: Has anyone made a career doing L/Os? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 09, 2002 at 12:59:07:

I have several clients who do exactly that. I’ve seen their books and prepared their returns- they are for real. All of them speak well of Bronchick’s material in particular.

John Hyre

Yes, that’s what I meant. - Posted by Hal

Posted by Hal on July 09, 2002 at 14:27:49:

Yes, Stacey. Sandwich L/Os. Have you done any? Do know anyone who is making a living do L/Os strictly?

Re: Has anyone made a career doing L/Os? - Posted by alisa

Posted by alisa on July 10, 2002 at 10:23:52:

John, you mention you “prepared their returns”…are you also an accountant?