Has anyone out there had real success with the CS Program? - Posted by John

Posted by MM on April 12, 1999 at 24:30:59:

John

We don’t seem to be communicating very well, it must be the hour.
As we are not related nor do I know you in any capacity, as well as not knowing your immediate financial status, your goals, your intentions as to why you’d go into REI in the first place (finding an old program CS course shouldn’t get you into REI any more than finding an old medicial text book would cause you to become a doctor!), or anything else about you - like your handyman skills & tools if you’d like to become a REI that buys and hold and manages or your negoitating talents if you’re a fast cash flippin’ type fella - most people wouldn’t tell you if it can work FOR YOU…BECAUSE WE DON’T KNOW YOU. Not that we wouldn’t like to, but this the internet, etc.
You know John, some people say a photography business is difficult to build, as is an insurance office or a medical practice. Yet some do … some don’t …
It’s all up to the man not the land.
As Abe Lincoln is oft quoted: If you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re probably right.
MM

Has anyone out there had real success with the CS Program? - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 10, 1999 at 04:31:17:

I think the heading says it all. My mother bought the system 2 years ago but has done nothing with it (I love her with all my heart but she keeps the infomercial peole in business). What I want to know is does the system work? I don’t want to waste a ot of time studying the course if it’s just a sham. Call me cynical but something that sounds to good to be true is generally just that.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Also please email a copy of your response!

Thanks again,

John

Re: Has anyone out there had real success with the CS Program? - Posted by Mark - CA

Posted by Mark - CA on April 15, 1999 at 20:51:29:

John,

It seams it is MM who has a problem with cinicism. Though I am sure MM is a very nice person, and means well by what he/she says, I think HE/SHE has spent a little too much time on the internet. You are simply looking for a helpful answer to your question. Unfortunatly, you will find many people will have many different views, mostly based on their own self motivation and degree of positive thinking.

I will tell you that after seeing his infomercial for the 1,000th time, and having an interest in REI, as well as the fact I am currently at home indefinatly due to an injury on the job, I have recently purchased and am looking forward to studying CS’s program. It doesn’t mean it will work for me, but that is what the 30-day money-back guarentee is for. I am however motivated enough to give it a good go and see where I might land with it (pardon the pun). I am determined not to tell my family about this because they will only scorn me for trying. Nobody needs that kind of pressure while trying to do something positive in your life.

I would say that you have a definate advantage because you know the definition of hard work as you have shown through your photography business. What I would tell you is try it part time, mabye forsaking a portion of your photagraphy to do so, even photagraphers take a vacation. You definately have another advantage by living in a large metro area. There will definately be more options available to you, but remember there will also be more competition as well.

You might also consider this. Instead of asking “Has anyone had success…”, phrase the question in a way that you will receive answers only from those who have been successful, i.e. “Anyone with success in Carleton Sheet’s Program…”, this will omit the negative thinkers, which is what you need to stay away from. Try to find people in your area. Ask to speek with them and find out what it is that made them successful. Successful people most always love to talk about their success because they are proud of what they have accomplished. You might also consider trying to get your mother to work with you since she was the one who showed first interest, there is power in numbers.

Good luck with whatever decision you make and please E-mail me and let me know what happens.

Sincerely, Mark PS - I am AN MM but not THE MM.

Re: Has anyone out there had real success with the CS Program? - Posted by MM

Posted by MM on April 11, 1999 at 19:20:35:

Yes, John, real estate investing is a very lucrative side business or full time business or even a 50K annually hobby to some people.
Did you even read any of the success stories or look at the rest of this web site before asking this question or were you so busy making money at your own business that you “don’t want to waste a lot of time studying” something new or researching it - or would you rather just have total strangers telling you the ‘truth, the whole truth and nothing but the internet truth’?

Re: Has anyone out there had real success with the CS Program? - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 11, 1999 at 23:47:40:

I appologize if my original post sounded too cynical. Let me take a minute to explain to you where I am coming from (I am sorry this is so long but please bear with me)…

I am 26 years old, self employed, and have been working 80+ hour weeks for the last 4 years to build my photography business. I started out having a job I loved to do and was, if I may say so myself, very good at.

After 4 years I am tired. I am tired and I am burned out. I continue to work 12-15 hour days 6 to 7 days a week but my heart is just not in it anymore. I am looking for something new.

I have always had an interest in real estate investing but have had no idea how to go about getting started. As hard as I work I still do not have enough money to start investing through conventional means.

I am not looking for a handout and I will not waste anyone’s time. What I want is some real advice from people that have had success with investing. IS the CS Program worth me taking time away from my business to study? From what I have heard from the few people that responded to my original post the answer would be no. If CS is not the place to start then what is?

There are so many options available. Which ones are the best (not easiest…BEST)? I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

By the way…I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area if that makes any difference.

John P Russell
highlnderz@aol.com