Has anyone used TINA or another call management machine/service...? - Posted by Tom Nagle

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on April 06, 2000 at 13:16:42:

Hi Tom,

I saw TINA mentioned here in a post last year. After checking it out, I thought that thing was perfect for my needs.

I ordered one in early January…received it about a month later. It was defective, right out of the box. Tried to call the company for return instructions…no replies to several voice mails. Finally, I packed up the thing and sent it back, with a letter of explanation, requesting a replacement. Two weeks later, it gets RETURNED to me, unopened, stamped “delivery refused.”

After leaving another very irate message on the company’s voice mail, I FINALLY got a return call. They offered lots of excuses, and said to go ahead and return it and they would replace it at once.

That was over a month ago. I am still waiting. Telephone messages are ignored. E-mails to the company have bounced since day one.

Either they are flaky or they have the worst customer service imaginable. All calls to the company are answered by TINA (of course)…no way to get a live person.

I am EXTREMELY fed up with their lack of response…though the product may be great, their service is HORRENDOUS. If I don’t hear from them soon, my next call will be to their local BBB and the CA Attorney General’s office.

Even so, the item is unique and would do everything I want…maybe someday I will actually get to use it, but I am not holding my breath.

Just my opinion…

Brian (NY)

Has anyone used TINA or another call management machine/service…? - Posted by Tom Nagle

Posted by Tom Nagle on April 05, 2000 at 20:54:12:

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of moving from getting all my calls on my cell phone to one where the calls are routed to a call management machine/service where they can pressure-free info and then be connected to me (if they want).

I can’t handle the volume of calls that I currently get and I think I can get even more calls if I use a recorded message/800 number. I have been looking at a number of different options and the one that appears to be the best is TINA, a call management machine ($200) by Datacom. I was going to switch my phone plan to an 800 number as well.

Has anyone used TINA, or do you know anyone that has? Do you have any other ideas that I might not have considered?

I would greatly appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Tom Nagle