have cash and need partner...how to structure - Posted by Matt

Posted by Stew(NE) on November 25, 2000 at 11:52:14:

Well, I just had my mortgage broker tell me about his partnership. It was a three way deal. One provided the funds and the other tow did all the work. Well, the deal went sour when the work costs more than estimated and my borker and the other working partner had to “make” the other partner give up some more money (He never said how he made him do it, I have this picture of a horse head laying in a bed) Hee-Hee.

Like I said earlier I need to know more about what you are specifically looking for in your deals. BTW how much money do you have to invest in each deal?

have cash and need partner…how to structure - Posted by Matt

Posted by Matt on November 24, 2000 at 20:23:38:

I am a real estate investor and I have cash to invest. I just don’t have too much free time. If anyone has any experience structuring deals where I invest and supervise while allowing someone else to earn sweat equity, then please tell me the best way.

Thanks!

Matt

Re: have cash and need partner…how to structure - Posted by Stew(NE)

Posted by Stew(NE) on November 24, 2000 at 22:25:29:

I invest in foreclosures. I have a couple of strategies that I use. If you are interested and you would like to invest in properties in Nebraska, I would be happy to present you with a proposal. Please e-mail me with more info. What kind of rate-of-return are you looking to obtain? How long do you want your money at risk? What kind of collateral do you look at for each type of deal?

Thanks for the respnse! - Posted by Matt

Posted by Matt on November 25, 2000 at 07:29:52:

Yes, I may be interested in investing in Nebraska. What I really want to know is what method of partnership others have seen work out for both partners. One idea that I have is to work out a deal where I would get a bigger piece in the early deals working with someone who is hungry and then, as they prove themselves, give them a bigger piece. What does everyone think?

Thanks!
Matt