He who cares least wins ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Millie I. on March 29, 1999 at 23:17:42:

Laure,

Congrats. You did great.

Whether you should care least depends on whether you have competition or not. If you are the only buyer with a highly motivated seller, than he is at your mercy. However, I recall several times when I was the first one that went to see the property, made a low-ball cash offer, and tied up the property before the competition got to see it. The early bird catches the worm. You should ALWAYS care, but you should NEVER let the seller know that you do. Never be a Motivated Buyer.

Millie I.

He who cares least wins ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 29, 1999 at 22:16:56:

Ok, I liked that title, so i STOLE IT ! lol

I had been dickering on price on this little two bedroom for a couple of weeks. Asking price was 58, by the time I saw the house, they had reduced to 48k … so, I offer 38k. The house is in a solid neighborhood, but needs about 4k of roof and clean up. They refuse my offer. So, I offer 44 with them putting in furnace, roof and carpet. They refuse. MY Realtor goes on vacation for a week, but before she leaves, the seller wants me to re-submit my last offer. I say no, go on vacation and have a good time. I am in no NEED of this house. Now my Realtor has been back for about a week and a half and I put in a new offer. 40k Contract for deed with 3k down ! We get an answer today that if we go 40k dependant on financing, they will accept. Now I just think this statement is so true… HE WHO CARES LEAST, WINS ! LOL

Laure :slight_smile: