Health Insurance - Posted by Judy

Posted by Glenn OH on January 26, 2000 at 21:13:12:

Around Ohio, this union is being very flexible as to member businesses. Beauty parlors, small contractor, barbers, my computer consulting business, etc. I would call and ask. “Commercial workers” is a pretty broad classification. Remember, unions are trying to build their memberships.

Health Insurance - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on January 26, 2000 at 09:34:44:

In the past a lot of the folks (newbies) here have asked about health insurance.

I have come across a site (www.nfibonline.com) that CLAIMS to offer health insurance. I just though I would pass this along to those of you who are concerned about this. Realize I know nothing about this group and make money from them.

Hope this helps those who need it.

Judy

Re: Health Insurance - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 26, 2000 at 10:57:44:

Nowadays, the best place to look for health or any other kind of insurance is at www.quotesmith.com. That is a very impressive site IMHO. (I don’t represent them in any way.)

Re: Health Insurance - Posted by Glenn OH

Posted by Glenn OH on January 26, 2000 at 09:56:08:

I would recommend that anyone looking for health insurance for their company take a look at unions that have benefit plans. In my last two companies (one with partner, one without), which were computer companies, we were covered under the United Food an Commercial Workers Union benefit plan (UFCW). I don’t know if all locals have this, but two in Ohio do. Only requirement was to have one officer be out of the plan (could even be a lawyer, I think). In the last company, my wife was the owner, and I was the President. So, I was labor, and she was management. No I didn’t go on strike! Since it is a union plan, the emphasis is on good coverage (medical, dental, eyecare, prescription).
Hope this helps.

Re: I make NO money on the Health Insurance. Also … - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on January 26, 2000 at 10:40:06:

Would someone who has a company dealing in REI be able to get a policy through UFCW?

Judy