hello people, newbie here - Posted by Sharon

Posted by Sharon on September 04, 2003 at 07:58:35:

thanks for the input, guys. i like hearing from you

hello people, newbie here - Posted by Sharon

Posted by Sharon on September 03, 2003 at 11:14:32:

i just wanted to say hello to everyone out here. i found this site just 2 days ago, and have spent that time going though the last couple of month’s worth of messeges, just in this section alone. i already love this site, and think that it will do a lot for me. i see that i will have more reading than i can handle, lol. i have purchased the sc course, and have found useful info in there, but to me it is a starting block. it got me motivated to learn more about rei, and i hope to purchase my first property soon. i am planning to start out with reo’s, or other distressed property, as i do not have good credit. also, i have seen a lot of you guys saying to join in investment clubs in your area. do you need to own property, or can someone who is just starting join one? i am in the sandusky, oh area, and if anyone else out there has info on this, please let me know either by post or by email. thanks, and hope to talk to some of you in the chatroom. Sharon

Re: hello people, - Posted by Robert O

Posted by Robert O on September 03, 2003 at 20:10:38:

FYI-- I went to a lot of meetings of my local rei club and landlord association before owning any property. To be honest I was a little worried that I would be looked down on for not owning any properties at the time but there were many others in the same situation, so I say go for it. Good Luck

Re: hello people, newbie here - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 03, 2003 at 18:18:42:

Sharon,

You do not need to own property to go to a REI club meeting.

Check the “Clubs” section of this web site. You may find a local one to attend. In my opinion they are a great way to network.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)