Help!! Anyone know about John Burley courses???? - Posted by Ray

Posted by Dave Mckee on February 19, 2001 at 17:55:27:

George,
I was commenting on how to learn the basics of real estate law, calculations, etc. that the origional post was asking about.
You are right about creative real estate being a mistery to many licensees. Thats why I recomend that newbys take those licence courses, so they can learn BOTH sides of the business.

Dave

Help!! Anyone know about John Burley courses??? - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on February 18, 2001 at 11:20:43:

Hi,

I have put down $2,000.00 partial payment of $4,000.00 to attend John Burley’s Real Estate Boot Camp in April of this year before I found this site or ever heard of Carleton Sheets.

Does Anyone have any experience with John Burley or his Boot Camps??? I looked in the archieves here and it wasn’t helpful.

Also, I know absolutely nothing about real estate. I have been to several book stores to look for books on basic real estate so I can learn before I go to the seminar. So far all I have found are many books on, “How To”, but nothing on basic stuff, ie. terms, real estate math, etc…
Can anyone give me any suggestions on books or where to find them other than attend a real estate course??

Thanks,

Ray

Re: John Burley courses??? - Posted by Dave Mckee

Posted by Dave Mckee on February 19, 2001 at 01:16:35:

Ray,
The least expensive way to get the basics is to take a night course in Real estate licence preperation at a community college. Take the rest of the $4,000 and buy a good fixer.
Good luck!

Dave Mckee

Licence do not prepare you - Posted by George

Posted by George on February 19, 2001 at 12:30:16:

getting a licence do not prepare you to buy properties… as a matter of fact, most brokers that I have met do not have any idea on creative buying and selling