HELP! Beginner Alert! Carleton Vs Ron LeGrand - Posted by Shelva

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on May 06, 1999 at 10:25:18:

Didn’t mean to spell his name wrong.

HELP! Beginner Alert! Carleton Vs Ron LeGrand - Posted by Shelva

Posted by Shelva on May 05, 1999 at 23:51:19:

To all R.E Experts out there…

My Background: Computer Science Degree (leading to a “Job” costing a fortune for university). but zero R.E exposure. Where do I start? I am what you call “really zero down” buyer. My primary goal is to payback my student loan of $80,000 and get out of my 9-5 Bank job which doesn’t fuel my passions - Music. Making Music is what I wish to do. By being in a 9-5, I am in a big wheel of never ending paycheck to paycheck cycle not being able to save for my student loan. To begin…with little money but fast turnaround of cash flow for my debt payments, which course is the best. or both?

In addition to my music, R.E will be my bread and butter and the financing source for my Music Projects. So Cash Flow is important to me. Please note: I am in Canada. now there may be some legal differences in the way what is allowed and what is not. I was reading a lot in this amazing CRE Online website (which I have already bookmarked!) about “flips” “leasing” and other “RE terminologies”. No idea what they are. I intend to learn them here as well as the courses anyone is kind enough to recommend.

So there is my story. Anyone with a couple of minutes and a couple of suggestions…please…

1. Where do I start?

2. Carleton Vs Ron LeGrand

3. How much should I be willing to lose? (if things get really bad - my negative side complaining)

4. Any reason why Carleton or Ron LeGrand’s techniques NOT work in Canada?

5. If there is one piece of advice which you will give me, what will it be?

Thank you very much for your time in advance
Shelva

Re: HELP! Beginner Alert! Carleton Vs Ron LeGrand - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on May 06, 1999 at 10:16:28:

It is good to educate yourself. I suggest investing in books and tapes and courses from people who have been walking the walk. Carleton and Ron are great. So is Joe Kaiser, John Beulle(bad spelling),Bill Bronchick and others. And don’t ever forget this wonderful site, it’s priceless. As a beginner I would read Jackie’s two articles in the How To section and look for her Beginners Flip part one and two. Best of fortune to you.

Another beginner thanks you for asking these questions! - Posted by Christina

Posted by Christina on May 06, 1999 at 06:44:22:

Shelva…I look forward to reading the response you get. I’m in a similar situation, with a student loan to pay (and my husband has one too!) and poor credit. I’m in Calgary, so I’m also curious about whether these techniques can be used successfully here.

This board is a wealth of information to a beginner like me. I intend to come here daily to see what’s new and what I can learn!

Take care…and best of luck.