Help: Best way to learn this summer - Posted by Alex PA

Posted by Brent_IL on February 18, 2002 at 09:00:57:

The first step leading to a successful CRE career is to eliminate all doubt that it can be done, and to realize that it can be done by you.

To that end, I think attending the Convention in Atlanta is an excellent idea. If you study the materials on site, and can narrow down your area of interest, you can buy some courses while your there. In addition, you’ll meet interesting people who enjoy talking about creative real estate.

Help: Best way to learn this summer - Posted by Alex PA

Posted by Alex PA on February 18, 2002 at 02:05:02:

I posted this question before and got a few helpful suggestions, I’m hopping to get a few more.

I’m a college student (sophomore, econ major) who is interested in learning more about REI. What would be the best way for me to learn over the summer? Are there internships available that you guys know of? Are there any REIs in the Philadelphia and Suburban areas who could use a motivated college student for a summer? Would attending the Convention in Atlanta be a good idea?

(to clarify: I?m not necessarily looking to support myself, get rich, or even do a deal with REI this summer. I’m interested in learning more which could lead to deals in the future.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Alex ¶

Re: Help: Best way to learn this summer - Posted by Columbus

Posted by Columbus on February 18, 2002 at 20:56:39:

Hey Alex,
I live in Montgomery county and have property in Montgomery,Berks, and Philadelphia. I would be happy
to meet with you to discuss REI in our area. If you
E-mail me with a phone number I would be glad to give you a call or communicate through E-mail.
Also, you might want to attend a DIG RE investors meeting where you can make lots of contacts. Their
website is at www.digonline.org