Help!!! Considering newspaper ads - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Nate(DC) on January 29, 2002 at 17:54:35:

Also, if anyone in the DC area is curious, the Wash Times has some sort of ad special where you can have a 3 line ad every day for an entire month, for like $100. Now, the downside is that the Times circulation is like 1/5 of the Post, but it is cheap exposure.

I have never tried it, but if anyone would like info, email me and I can dig out the number of the contact person there. He told me that the deal is not available from the regular classified ad sales number.

NT

Help!!! Considering newspaper ads - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Phamtastic on January 29, 2002 at 24:11:01:

Help!

I know patience is a key ingredient of success, but I rather not wait around for phones to ring. And am taking a proactive approach.

I just put up 98 bandit signs and currently no calls from it except for 2 different city ordinances asking me to take them down and 2 potential tenant buyers…but no motivated sellers have called yet. It’s been 10 days so far.

So I plan to put up 50 this Friday and continue putting up 50 per week for 2 months.

But since my phones are not ringing. I want to adjust and add newspaper classified ads as part of my marketing.

This question is gear more toward those experience L/O gurus in the Washington Metro area.

I am considering putting an ad in

a) The Washington Post on Sundays

b) The Prince George’s County Gazette

c) The Prince George’s Penny Saver

Which one would be best to place.

Ad will say:

I BUY HOUSES
I TAKE OVER PAYMENTS
xxx-xxx-xxxx

or

WE BUY HOUSES
We take over payments
No equity, no problem
We will buy or lease your house
No commissions/fees
555-555-5555

If you had to put your best buck to work…where would you place this ad and how long should you run it.

If you are an experience L/O investor, what have been your cost & profit (avg over the years) from these ad sources.

Thanks.

Phamtastic

Re: Help!!! Considering newspaper ads - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on January 29, 2002 at 07:33:28:

Hey Pham Man!

As we discussed at lunch the other day, I’m advertising in the Post and the thrifty nickel. I can’t give you any advice about lease options, but I would think that if you want to save some money, put your ad in the post ($13.00 or so per line each week on Sunday). The post has the largest distribution and includes PG County. I have received various calls from landlords trying to get rid of their places…if any lease option candidates come up in PG, I’m happy to pass them on too you.

-Steve