Help Finding Investors for Notes - Posted by Terry Dunlap

Posted by Christopher Alleyne on September 28, 1999 at 10:05:47:

Looking To Buy ?Sell Notes

Help Finding Investors for Notes - Posted by Terry Dunlap

Posted by Terry Dunlap on March 16, 1999 at 14:00:51:

Hello everyone!

I am in Cincinnati seeking individuals who can assist me in creating notes on investment properties.

My plan is this:

• Acquire properties at a deep discount to FMV.
  • Offer an individual 12-18% rate on an interest-only first mortgage for 12-18 months (a balloon).
  • Offer a LTV of 65% or less.
  • Sell the property close to FMV on the open market.

Should I NOT find a buyer to purchase the property in the time frame given, I stand ready, willing and able to obtain conventional financing.

I was about to run an ad in the local business weekly, but was advised by my attorney that I need to comply with all kinds of securities laws, etc.

My question to the Board: How do I find investors who are willing and able to hold a first mortgage as I outlined above if I can’t advertise?

I already spread the word through my accountant, lawyer and other professionals.

Any other insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your time and attention.

Terry

Re: Help Finding Investors for Notes - Posted by AJ - Oklahoma

Posted by AJ - Oklahoma on March 16, 1999 at 17:30:17:

Terry,

You’re attorney’s warning lights probably went off if you were planning on advertising “investment opportunities” or “investors wanted”. In some states (like Oklahoma) these types of solicitations are regulated by the state Securities Commission. You can’t “sell” investments without being licensed to do so.

However, as far as I know it is perfectly legal to advertise in a newspaper’s Money Wanted section asking for money. Something like, “Entrepreneur seeks funding, $30,000-$40,000. Will pay back w/in 12mos. 18% int. 222-2222.” Once you get the person with the money on the phone you explain what you want to do. You didn’t sell them an investment (although it is an investment to them) you just asked somebody to loan you some cash.

AJ

Similar Question… - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 16, 1999 at 16:16:19:

I am looking to create a note and sell it at closing. Does anyone have any solid leads on people who will buy these notes? I have a couple that I am still trying to follow up on but no luck so far. Thanks,

Re: Help Finding Investors for Notes - Posted by carrie ward

Posted by carrie ward on September 05, 1999 at 17:45:52:

If this message pertains to music at all…then
I am an investor in all the notes…
So, what now?

Re: Notebuyers/investors - Posted by Alicia in St. Louis

Posted by Alicia in St. Louis on March 17, 1999 at 24:32:30:

Hello, I am a newbie too…just wanted to let you know that I have found many investors searching online, and
have begun compiling a database since different deals will call for different investors…anyway email me if you want some names for me to pass on and also, check out notefinders.com and http://notenetwork.com …We’re submitting 2 or more contracts this week, thanks to equity-based financing.

• Alicia

Re: Notebuyers/investors - Posted by Alleyne Network

Posted by Alleyne Network on November 30, 1999 at 13:57:19:

Looking to buy and sell all types of Notes