Help for starting out - Posted by Brenda K

Posted by marleeka on June 04, 2000 at 15:17:21:

hi. i am a beginner also but i would highly recommend the Carleton Sheets No Money Down program. of course there are many other programs out there and i intend on purchasing some more in the future but Carlton’s programs comes with audio tapes or cd’s which makes it easy to learn investing anytime, anywhere. i listen to his cd’s while walking to work. i hope this helps you some

Help for starting out - Posted by Brenda K

Posted by Brenda K on June 04, 2000 at 02:29:19:

I am new to this message board and new to real estate investing (JUST starting to learn) I have just read Carol’s post about “how to get over the fear” and in a lot of ways I can relate to her. Getting your feet wet seems to be very scary!!

My husband and I started our own business a few years ago and failed miserably!! - We had to declare personal bankruptcy and are just now starting over!! We would like to start investing in real estate but as I said we are very green in this field.

My question is this: Does anyone have any advice on where to start to learn?? (We are Canadians by the way) What courses would be the best ones for beginners?? Also, because of the bankruptcy we have no credit-- I know this will make the process more difficult but I’m sure there are ways around it.

We are currently renting and our landlord is a Real Estate Agent-- we are paying very low rent and he would like us to move out so he can rent to someone for a higher price so he is trying to find us a broker who will finance a house for us so we will move out. Hopefully this will work out and at least be a start for us!!

Anyway like I said I would just like some input on where to begin and what courses you would recommend

Brenda K