Help... getting into a park - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on July 10, 2003 at 12:21:42:

Thanks for all the help you guys have given the last couple of weeks.

Help… getting into a park - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on July 07, 2003 at 16:18:51:

I have a question that may sound dumb but it has been bothering me… To get started doing Deals, I have to first buy the mobile home. Since I’m buying the mobile home I have to qualify with the PM. My credit is not good and I have been having a hard time qualifying with the PM. Am I missing something here? But I can’t seem to get over this hump…
thanks

Randy

Re: Help… getting into a park - Posted by Gary Fl

Posted by Gary Fl on July 07, 2003 at 20:49:22:

The best advice I have gotten on this is to go in like a bank does, so you are interviewing the park to see if you want to do business in that park. Now having said that, I also found someone older, wiser, and with more money than me! And the times we are asked to qualify it is not a problem that way.

Re: Help… getting into a park - Posted by Mr. C

Posted by Mr. C on July 07, 2003 at 17:11:34:

Your only buying the home in the aspect of reselling it and providing financing for it… the people who will actaully be living in the home (the end-buyer), are the one’s need to qualify with the PM.

Some (less aware) PM’s may try to tell you different, but this is how it’s done.

Re: Help… getting into a park - Posted by Eddie-MI

Posted by Eddie-MI on July 07, 2003 at 20:09:09:

I don’t envy you at all Chuck if you live in a 55+ Park. Maybe there different down in the south, but they all complain about every little thing up here. You got any words of advice on how to handle these sharp-as-a-tack 80 year old lady residents?

Re: Help… getting into a park - Posted by Phil Pelletier

Posted by Phil Pelletier on July 07, 2003 at 19:24:57:

If the park you are working does not provide you a Storage Agreement for your mobile home (You own it but do not live in it), you may want to move on to another park. The park rules say, in order to occupy a home, you must pass the entrance requirements. However, if you are simply storing the home in the park while looking for someone to occupy the home, you need only sign a storage agreement. It means you do not have a Landlord/Tenant relationship with the owner.

If the park makes you qualify for residency and you can’t, pushing some of the finer legal issues of the storage agreement will not help you sell the home. Don’t buy it, because you will never get an applicant approved to live there. Just move on.

Phil Pelletier

Re: Help… getting into a park - Posted by Mr. C

Posted by Mr. C on July 07, 2003 at 21:02:28:

You still have to train your tenants, regardless of what age they are. If they’re walking all over you, then one has to assume it’s because your letting them.