HELP! HELP! HELP! PLEASE.................. - Posted by CLOS

Posted by Manny on October 02, 2003 at 14:05:11:

I’ve made money buying pre-foreclosures from using the information in Thomas Lucier’s excellent $30 book, How To Make Money Buying Pre-foreclosure Properties Before They Hit The County Courthouse Steps. I bought my copy at amazon.com.

HELP! HELP! HELP! PLEASE… - Posted by CLOS

Posted by CLOS on October 02, 2003 at 12:36:25:

I am relatively new to REI and want to concentrate on foreclosures. I know the process very well. However, I am in need of purchasing a good forclosure book/course (to give me direction and focus my efforts. There are too many out there to choose from. I am contemplating purchasing JOE KAISER’s third edition of dominating the forclosure marketplace. From reading the postings, he appears to be the most popular forclosure resource.

I am looking for something to give me a bit of guidance from getting the attention of the pre-foclosure property owner to what my options are when I find a deal, such as assignment, subject to or getting the deed etc… .

There is so much information and courses, I don’t know which one to purchase. My funds our limited and I want to purchase a good book/referance and not throw away my money.

*Can anyone shed some light on this course or any other recommended forclosure referance?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND RESPONSES!

OK, here it comes . . . - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 02, 2003 at 14:10:39:

CLOS -

Number one, if you want to get better advice, then give us your location, state, or something. A gaggle of people come on here and ask stuff like, “There’s a house listing for 200K . . . is it worth it?”

Number two, an archive search will benefit you greatly. AND it will probably point you toward the fact that you may not want to hear - foreclosures is not a good starting point. Even Totally Dominate starts out stating that one must have a basic understanding of REI terms, contracts, and transactions as a prerequisite to understanding the material in the book. It is an advanced RE investing guide.

Foreclosures is advanced real estate investing. Check out the articles on this site for tips on starting out.

Otherwise, TD is a good book. So is Finkel & Conti’s new foreclosure book. Go to the library, go to ebay, go to the bookstore.

In fact, I’ll go so far as to restate the oft restated:

EVERY RE investing book and program is a good book. They ALL work. Carlton Sheets, Tommy Vu (!), Robert Allen, and the hosts of other late night infomercials, past & present - they ALL work.

The question is . . . . . .

do YOU?