HELP! HOW DO YOU TIE UP PROPERTY WHEN DEALING WITH A BROKER? - Posted by Peter

Posted by thom on December 06, 1999 at 21:46:50:

then make an offer and let his clients decide. The worst that can happen is that they turn it down.

HELP! HOW DO YOU TIE UP PROPERTY WHEN DEALING WITH A BROKER? - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on December 06, 1999 at 08:05:43:

I found a property selling at a discount but it is handled by a broker. I think he will not even consider an option contract. How do I tie up the property for thirty days in a way that will allow me to pull out if I don’t find a buyer and will be accepted by broker? Where can I find such a contract? Thanks in advance for you valuable advice.

Re: HELP! HOW DO YOU TIE UP PROPERTY WHEN DEALING WITH A BROKER? - Posted by thom

Posted by thom on December 06, 1999 at 20:52:48:

Let’s see, you want a broker, (who’s duty is to get the best possible deal for his client the “seller”) to take a property off the market for thirty days, so you can decide if you would really like to buy it.

Think about that!!!

Re: HELP! HOW DO YOU TIE UP PROPERTY WHEN DEALING WITH A BROKER? - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on December 06, 1999 at 21:20:03:

Thanks for the input but let me present a different point of view. First let me point out that the property had been in the market for 120 days and did not generate a single offer. Second, I am not sure the broker needs to take the property “of” the market. Obviously he is not flooded by calls from people that want to see the property. In the 30-day period may he can tell people that there is a thirty day option and if they want they can see the property and he can let them know after the expiration of the option if it is still available. Third my cash offer even in the form of an option maybe IS the best deal for his client if the property had been listed for 4 months and he had to drop the price 4 times.